Gig in Finland (Helsinki)

Torniojaws

They call me Juha
May 15, 2005
Espoo, Finland
www.vortechmusic.com
They're finally coming here for a full length concert! :kickass: March 20, 2008 at Nosturi in Helsinki. It'll be a long trip for me (800 km), but it sure will be worth it :Smokin: Nightingale opens for them. Apparently they'll do a full length show too. The tickets are 18 euros and they start selling them next monday (January 21) at Lippupalvelu and Tiketti.

Here's for Finns: http://www.elmu.net/index.php3?sivu=keikat&id=4&news=yes&lang=fi&uid=146

lol you live in tornio :O

I live in haparanda =D

cool :headbang: i though i was like the only evergrey fan around here :kickass:

i wish i could go to helsinki to :/ i rly want to see evergrey live again.. and i still need to get henrik's autograph......

A gig in Tampere the day before Helsinki on the 19th of March has been confirmed too. It will be at the Klubi (the small part of Pakkahuone), which has a capacity of about 350 people as far as I know (should be pretty intense!). Tickets are available from Tiketti for 17e.

About freaking time the guys make it over to Finland for club gigs - hopefully the Finnish fans will appreciate it by showing up on the two gigs so we will see them here in the future too! So you all do what I am planning to do too, show up on both of the gigs :)

Already got tickets here for the Tampere gig. So that makes at least three people so far. :loco:

It's been 6 years since the last time I saw Evergrey live so I'm very much looking forward to the event. Too bad Kainulainen can't even head out to his former hangout, Rusty Angel, after the gig since it's closed down.

Hmm... Wonder what the support is going to be 'cos it's not Nightingale?

Im heading for the Helsinki show! Me and a friend off mine are big fans off Nightingale. Never seen Evergrey live before so I hope its gonna be great! Btw does anyone know were Nosturi is located "looking" from the city center in Helsinki? *cheers*

Yeah, i am really considering taking the trip to helsinki since the prog power uk festival was cancelled... Damn shit! couldnt get a refund of the plane ticket from ryanair, so that was 250 euro right down the drain...PEEEEEERKELE! ryanair wankers!

Well, back to the thread, i have been looking for Nosturi on several maps, but wasnt able to find it... Whats the venue called? And is it far from helsinki centre?

Well, back to the thread, i have been looking for Nosturi on several maps, but wasnt able to find it... Whats the venue called? And is it far from helsinki centre?
The venue is easy to reach from downtown Helsinki by taking the tram number 6 which goes maybe like every 10 minutes. About 200m walk from the tram stop to the venue. After the show it'll be too late to take a tram though but Helsinki centre/downtown is walkable distance anyway, about 1.5km from Nosturi.

Here's a google maps link showing the location: Nosturi location

Also some people might be curious about the schedule for the evening, here's the info:

20:00 Doors open
21:00 NIGHTINGALE (90 min)
23:00 EVERGREY (90 min)
02:00 Doors close

Hello, Aki! I hope you have a great time at the shows. Hopefully I'll see you in Atlanta this year? Anyway, post a review/setlist of the show when you get back... I'm curious if you'll get to hear any of the new songs from "Torn" performed during these gigs.

Phew, just got back from the gig here in Tampere.
I'm a little knurd, sorry about that.

Didn't get to see the opening act, but then again neither did that many people anyway, since there was a surprisingly low turn out...
Anyhoo, don't remember the set list, but it was a mixture of songs from all albums, except the first one (er.. I think). My neck hurts from all the :headbang:
Oh, and they played the "world premiere" of Fear(?) from the up-coming album :heh: Damn that riff is good! (You can hear it on the teaser..)

But the best part was after the show, when we got to hang out with the band in the backstage!! We got some great fan-photos with the band members. Jari is a good friend of our drummer so that gave us the perfect excuse to tag along :saint: Everyone was busy emptying the fridge, so naturally the going was a bit :kickass::err:o_O
(Sorry guys for asking some stupid questions! :oops::zombie::erk::heh: )

The only thing bothering me, was that I was too busy being a fan-boy, that they closed the merch-desk. Oh well, gotta buy those t-shirts in Helsinki, then...

I'm really really bad at estimating.. 100 max?
Pollution, you were there?
Yeah not exactly a big crowd.. I'd guess 150, I'd say the main reason for the small crowd was Wednesday as the gig day since not many people outside Tampere made it there in middle of the week. The show kicked ass though. I believe Helsinki tonight will have a good size crowd.

Yup the new tune they played is called Fear, excellent stuff. Other than that one, all the other tunes have been played often before.

Thorn23TX: Yeah, the plan is to make it to PPUSA this year, will be about having the time&money for it as always.

Vespiz: I do believe I briefly said hi to you last night, at the lobby when the EG guys were around, you were probably too happy to get to chat some with them to remember me hehe.