gig in Sweden

Well.. no pics unfortunatly.. but damn.. it was briliant.
Cant remember the setlist, so that is for someone else to say =)
Too bad they were playing so early... Katatonia shouldnt play in broad daylight, sunny.. but hey... i was in heaven :)

And i must say.. it seemed as Jonas got really happy playing Murder and getting to growl a bit....

Dunno what to say exept..... briliant.
But what can you expect.

And oh, btw... Opeth were also wonderfull. Damn Micke is good at singing =)

Do you really think Katatonia is good at performing live? The singer just walked forward and back again clapping his hand to his hip. It looked like he hurt his throat so bad when he growled that he couldn't keep on singing, unfortunately that was not the case. ;)

Originally posted by Mesh
Do you really think Katatonia is good at performing live? The singer just walked forward and back again clapping his hand to his hip. It looked like he hurt his throat so bad when he growled that he couldn't keep on singing, unfortunately that was not the case. ;)

i dont think katatonia have to put on some amazing stage show for them to be good live. even if jonas stood completely still for the whole show i would still think it was good becoz he is a brilliant singer and there is an intensity to the performances which doesnt require any of the band to jump around or dance or start juggling, altho if they did that would be fine too!!:p
it must be difficult on jonas' voice if he doesnt regularly growl and im sure after singing live for any length of time most people would find it difficult to switch between growling and singing without at least a little difficulty....

when i saw them jonas said a few things to the crowd and i agree it would be cool if there was more band/audience interaction (this is true of almost any band) but i dont think that takes away from their live performance. maybe when i saw them i was just too happy to even think about it!!!:D

It's true, their live appearance isn't flawless yet, on the other hand you should consider that Katatonia had faced a long time struggle for a stable line-up, which they finally found before the recordings of LFDGD. Hence I'm just eternally grateful that they are able to go on tour now, and I'm sure they will improve on stage like they did "on tape". ;)

Hopefully the band will visit Hamburg again :)

i've been to loads and loads of gigs and the Katatonia gig in June 2001 was one of the best i'd been (a better performance than on the opeth tour, but still brilliant) and Jonas didn't say anything at all really, but i didn't care, it was still awesome, i thought at the time he was prrobably really shy, or still is. quotes of the night:

''this ones about a time i spent in the hospital'' - Jonas just before sweet nurse

''hi, we're Katatonia from Sweeden''

anywho i thought that was quite cool, i usually don't remember much of whats said by bands at gigs, anyway the bands great in short...