gigantour review

Kiss The Void

Captain Awesome
Feb 23, 2004
Fresno, California
i did write a more in depth post about the experience, but when i hit submit, it fucked up, so i lost the whole fucking thing...so maybe ill go back over the details of the whole experience later, but for now....

drykill logic: they're fucking terrible, i have no idea how this band is even signed much less playing a premier summer tour.

nevermore: spectacular, loomis was right on...the guys definately won the intensity prize. out of all the bands they looked like they were having a great time, they did enemies of reality, and final product, nevermore is a band that im hit and miss on which albums im familiar with, so they did 3 other songs, one of which i recognized but ill be fucked if i can remember the title. beard will fill you all in. the vocals were too low, but they adjusted, giving them overall the best sound out of all the bands for the evening.

symphony x: terrible sound, we were going to get shit signed by nevermore anyway.

fear factory: disappointing. they did shock, scapegoat, some stuff off of archetype, a song from digimortal, and a new song from their next album. ray wasnt even doing the drumming properly, instead of the pulsing double bass blasts along with the picking, he was doing just single shots...burton was wayyyy off key.

life of agony: didnt even bother, went up top and chatted with friends the whole time

dream theater: just so i dont catch shit, yes, theyre great musicians. now...they just blow ass live, ive never seen so many people fall asleep during a live performance. on the other hand, they had a really large crowd draw. "the audience is stunned in silence" proclaimed a DT nerd. they did pull me under, which is all i gave a shit about, so i clutched the imaginary grapefruit and sang along. the vocals were way too loud. portnoy was the only real highlight, he had two drum sets that he changed between in the middle of songs, that was the tits. other than portnoys acrobatics...i was sitting outside the whole time, i did get a chance to run into metalsteph, she was super nice :loco:

megadeth: wow...i had my doubts, but they erased them. in no order they did peace sells, wake up dead, in my darkest hour, hangar 18, skin of my teeth, sweating bullets, symphony of destruction, a tout le monde (oh my did i get misty), reckoning day, she wolf, trust, angry again, kick the chair, die dead enough, the scorpion, blackmail the universe....
i dont think i missed anything...
but yeah, that shit took me back to when i was 15, i was singing my ass off, what a great time.

Dead_Lioness said:
Awesome Andrew!
I'm so happy that you had a kick ass time!

what a bummer that I'm missing this tour :|
Now I feel like seeing Nevermore live...

thanks karen....how come youre not gonna go?

on another note...i have to mention, we were up top during life of agony and this guy i know was talking about how the dude from windir killed himself
"yeah, im pretty sure he hung himself"
they my brother who HARDLY EVER actually converses in groups pipes up with
"shit...thats not metal...thats fucking...INXS"

No... a lot of people were in the stands, but if they WEREN'T, the floor would be full.

Andrew, you forgot the 3 man Dream Theater pit!

Random Beard said:
No... a lot of people were in the stands, but if they WEREN'T, the floor would be full.

Andrew, you forgot the 3 man Dream Theater pit!

how could i forget? hahaha...yeah, there was the smallest pit ive ever seen during pull me under, like 3 guys started moshing....so lame :tickled:

i also started singing the words to pull me under whilst clutching the imaginary grapefruit much to the chagrin of the DT nerds around me....they shot me many dirty looks.

Dead_Lioness said:
Awesome Andrew!
I'm so happy that you had a kick ass time!

what a bummer that I'm missing this tour :|
Now I feel like seeing Nevermore live...

I am seeing them here in Albuquerque along with possibly getting to the Portland and/or Seattle gig due to them and Anthrax.

I should stay quiet though as you can always get me back by saying about some of the killer Europe fests you have seen and I haven't been back there since early 90's and I have to wait till next year.:ill::Spin:

You might be very happy with some of our friends whose bands are looking good at performing at next year's MDF!!:headbang:

Kiss The Void said:
i did get a chance to run into metalsteph, she was super nice :loco:

Hey Andrew - I looked for you by the busses after the show, but I'm sure you'd already left. We didn't clear the venue for almost an hour after the show. WD crashed out really early, so it was just the other guys anyways.

Nice meeting you too!

Wait til you guys all see my killer photos from Fresno and LA.

MetalSteph said:
Hey Andrew - I looked for you by the busses after the show, but I'm sure you'd already left. We didn't clear the venue for almost an hour after the show. WD crashed out really early, so it was just the other guys anyways.

Nice meeting you too!

Wait til you guys all see my killer photos from Fresno and LA.

not a problem at all, we waited for like 20 minutes and just took off....

some guy came up to me and said "you play bass really well" and i was like...."...what?"

he goes "fear factory right?"

:tickled: