GIGANTOUR TO BE ANNOUNCED IN 2 WEEKS!

Consuming Impulse

New Metal Member
Feb 26, 2006
Hell
MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has posted the following message in the "Forums" section of the band's official web site:

"On Monday, July 24th we will be making the official announcement of Gigantour 2006 North America with information on this year's lineup, the cities, the venues, and the dates as well. You can get information here or at the Gigantour site. Meanwhile, deep in vocals land [recording vocals for new MEGADETH album]. The choice of what new songs to break out live is as cool as it was during the 'Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good' tour when we were playing the new music from 'Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?'."

MEGADETH's as-yet-untitled Roadrunner Records debut is being recorded under the watchful eye of mainman Dave Mustaine and co-producer Jeff Balding. The initial studio sessions — held at Sarm Studios, outside of London — were filmed by director Michael Sarna (ANTHRAX, OBITUARY) and are available at Megadeth.com to fan-club members.

MEGADETH's last CD, "The System Has Failed", has sold more than 180,000 copies since its September 2004 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The group, who were most recently signed to Sanctuary Records, were joined by bassist James Lomenzo (ex-BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, WHITE LION) in February following the departure of James MacDonough (ex-ICED EARTH).

Thanks for posting this. I have been looking for this info for a while. The only thing I saw on the boards the other day is that the tour will run from September until late October.

Rumored lineup for Gigantour 2006:

Megadeth
Opeth
Scorpions
Armored Saint
Arch Enemy
Anthrax
Seven Dust
Body Count
Overkill

Armored Saint & Anthrax...interesting

(also considering Scott said no one has contacted him but I'm sure he tells everyone that...)

Dear Mr Mustaine

Please bring this tour Down Under. WE NEED THIS!!!!!!

Signed
Aussie Metal Man Wayne

aliasp said:
Dear Mr Mustaine

Please bring this tour Down Under. WE NEED THIS!!!!!!

Signed
Aussie Metal Man Wayne
They are coming...On his latest post at the bottom he says...

COG.2006.NA

-and-

COG.2006.OZ

:headbang:

poker_fan_in_nyc said:
Rumored lineup for Gigantour 2006:

Megadeth
Opeth
Scorpions
Armored Saint
Arch Enemy
Anthrax
Seven Dust
Body Count
Overkill

Armored Saint & Anthrax...interesting

(also considering Scott said no one has contacted him but I'm sure he tells everyone that...)

These rumors get more and more ridiculous sounding to me. Scorpions, what the hell :lol:

I'm definitley curious to see what bands are chosen. I doubt it'll happen but it'd be cool if bands like Exodus, Testament, Overkill, Nuclear Assault etc. were on the bill. It'd be cool if Anthrax could play some dates again this year.

wow, seriously, if both Saint and 'thrax are on that bill, that would so cool in so many ways

John could come out and sing a thrax song, Scott could come out and play a Saint song, etc., that kinda stuff would be great

strik9 said:
I'm definitley curious to see what bands are chosen. I doubt it'll happen but it'd be cool if bands like Exodus, Testament, Overkill, Nuclear Assault etc. were on the bill. It'd be cool if Anthrax could play some dates again this year.

I believe Exodus will be on tour with Hatebreed and Napalm Death during the time this comes through. I so want to see Exodus again:headbang:

MyHatred said:
That is what I was thinking too. That would be a pretty awful lineup IMO. Sevendust and the Scorpions:ill: ?????????
Exactly the Scorps although good don't fit the line up. But then again anything old and remotely metal gets packaged together for old farts like me anymore. :lol:

MyHatred said:
I believe Exodus will be on tour with Hatebreed and Napalm Death during the time this comes through. I so want to see Exodus again:headbang:
:headbang: I'd love to see Exodus again anytime, they are great live. I might check that show out if it comes to Toronto or Southern Ontario, cause I'm a pretty big Napalm Death fan. I missed em a few months ago when they played Toronto, 'cause I was super sick, I can't stand Hatebreed though.:puke:

Yeah, me either.

Hatebreed is an okay live band in an outdoor environment. They can get the crowd pretty pumped up. They suck badly indoors though. I don't even bother with their cds either because they all sound the same. I saw Exodus about 3-4 months(it's all a blur lately:lol: ) for the first time and they kicked my ass:headbang: .

I thought I read somewhere (blabbermouth?) that the line up reported in Bass Player is way off.

I'm sure Dave will come up with something good, though. I really hope I can make it this year. I'm kicking myself for not going last year.

scorpions did and they might still be doing the wacken

yeah i am definetly going to see this show

and i thought testament was rumored on that too?

The Scorpions....funny. Personally I wouldn't waste my money on seeing Anthrax by themselves. No new music....and lets face it John Bush rules. No interest in seeing Bellodonna.

Bring back John Bush and start writing some f-ing material.