Gigantour tonight in Melbourne

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
Caliban, Soulfy, Arch Enemy & MegaDave playing tonight. Who's going?

Can't wait. That'll be 8 bands in 6 days for me. Awesome - I am all metalized now. :headbang:

Man ... just got home from Gigantour.

AWESOME.

All bands were sensational. Arch Enemy completely blew me away (I wanna marry Angela). Max and Soulfly were incredible (please let the Sepultura reunion rumours be true). And Megadeth proved once again why they are one of the single most finest live acts on the planet.

The songs Dave & Co ripped out really surprised me too.

Some rarities I didn't expect.

Liar
Devil's Island

They only did Blackmail the Universe of the System has Failed. The rest were timeless classics. Day of Reckoning was the other big surprise.

Brilliant - Brilliant.

God I am happy as hell.

Glas you enjoyed it . Im hoping this tour does make it's way over to the UK as Dave has suggested....I only hope Anthrax give it a miss and make a new record. There's only so many times I can listen to Indians CIAM and Got the time without any new songs to break up the set.

aliasp said:
All bands were sensational. Arch Enemy completely blew me away (I wanna marry Angela). quote]

Yeah I was damn impressed by them too - and no you can't marry Angela, I already did when they were here! :lol:

Ok man you win :)

Best bit was Dave at the end said Gigantour will be back in 2007 in Oz with some HUGE surprises.

Hmmm imagine this lineup

megadeth/anthrax/slayer/metallica on the one bill

Now that would be nice

Sydney was indeed excellent. I think Megadeth were even better than last year, plus having Devil's Island, Liar and Take No Prisoners in the set was awesome but no Reckoning Day for Sydney which sucks for me because it's one of my favourite Megadeth songs and it's the second year in a row they haven't played it here. Hopefully next year. They also played Kick The Chair here. I hope they decide to play some different songs off Cryptic Writings one day instead of Trust and She-wolf though.

Great show :headbang: