Gigs/Fests/Gangbangs 2021/2022

I'd love to go to Psycho Las Vegas. I really want to go to Vegas anyway, but throw in a festival and it's basically my idea of a damn good time. Maybe next year.

Ah well, I've booked to go to the Napier Death Metal fest here, headlined by Ulcerate.

How big's a festival of New Zealand metal bands you may wonder. 1 room, 2 stages, 10 bands and up to about 250 attendees. That's a nice size if you ask me. Few current NZ metal bands could attract a much bigger crowd here anyway - mainly just Alien Weaponry and Beastwars. I saw Beastwars play to 700 people the other weekend - stoner rock fans getting hungry with no internationals to see!

Reactions: Reign in Acai
Why is everything a mega fest these days? I've hardly seen any tours of 2-3 bands.

Because festivals are fun. If you think the above is a mega fest, check out next years Hellfest line-up, announced yesterday

200692842_10157860837887536_5862887949826800564_n.jpg

Yeah that just looks ridiculous. Is this a post-covid trend or have things been going this way for awhile? I haven't really been going to shows but I remember a lot of small tours of a few bands back in the day.

Yeah that just looks ridiculous. Is this a post-covid trend or have things been going this way for awhile? I haven't really been going to shows but I remember a lot of small tours of a few bands back in the day.

I mean most Euro festivals are 2 or 3 days of bands, but the above is an exception, I believe they're just trying to do a one-off special to make up for missing out the last 2 years due to corona and because it's their 15th anniversary.

Yeah, festivals have never been a great option for me living in the middle of the expanse that is the U.S., but I especially don't have time to be traveling and spending several days at a festival with a fam now. I wouldn't be against something like that Houston one though. I'd rather just see a few good bands. It looks like The Obsessed and The Skull are coming through in August but I'm not sure if I'll even be in the state then. :brick:

Because festivals are fun. If you think the above is a mega fest, check out next years Hellfest line-up, announced yesterday

View attachment 28913
this makes me exhausted just looking at it

even bands like at the gates, primordial and destruction who would be headliners in most other circumstances are small text afterthoughts, jesus man

yeah, weird. So the mainstage 1 is mainstream shit, while mainstage 2 is old man metal. Warzone is -core based stuff. Valley is all over the place. Altar is death/thrash. Temple is black.

Fri - Temple with a venture over to Altar and a sneak to Valley to see ASG
Sat - Temple and Mainstage 1 (I'd like to see Mike Patton and Megadeth)
Sun - I would be all over the place. Mainstage 1 for Priest (not a fan, but I think it would be a helluva show), then to Temple for Alcest and Borknagar, and Altar to peep Devin

Thurs - Hang out at Mainstage 2 for Helloween and Wardruna with a walk to possibly peep Therion (easily the worst day overall)
Fri - A mix between Temple, Altar and Mainstage 2 (Alice Cooper would be fun)
Sat - Temple and Altar all day. A mix of folky tunes and sadboi sing-a-longs
Sun - Altar because Carcass. With a trip to Valley to witness The Magnet and then to Temple.

Yes, Im bored.

I still think Bring me the Horizon is the worst band name ever. Yep, even lower than Imagine Dragons.

"You there! Bring me the horizon!"

No.

Reactions: dorian gray
Any festival requiring to hire a secretary in order to keep up with the running order and time the switching between stages to get a decent spot is not for me. The Hellfest is ludicrous, but I realize most people don't go for the music in the first place. I lost count of how many times I've been asked (including by family relatives with otherwise zero interest in metal) if I'd join on their Hellfest trip. When I tell them I've never been to the fest, they usually go "eh?"

On the other hand I love one- and two-day fests with an attendance of ca. 1,000 and an original bill. One of the greatest fest I ever attended was in 2014 in Méan. What a day/night!

a2828012703_10.jpg

Going to festival type thing tomorrow which is made up entirely of tribute bands, looking forward to hearing some badly played live music for the first time in 18 months. Then a real festival 3 weeks from now.

Northwest_Terror_Fest_2022.jpg

I actually have a ticket to this even though there's probably 15 different reasons why I might not go. Just figured I'd like to have the opportunity in case it all works out. This would also be my first time on the WEST COAST.