GILLAN - Live Edinburgh DVD 1980

TheWhisper

Cobra Kai Never Dies
Apr 12, 2004
Brandon, FL USA
From BW&BK:
Music Video Distributors and Angel Air are releasing the GILLAN DVD, Live Edinburgh 1980 on April 4th. According to a press release, "this incredible performance of Ian Gillan (DEEP PURPLE) and his band Gillan was filmed for Scottish TV (STV) in 1980: their most succesful year. The album, Glory Road, entered the UK charts at #3 and they had just returned from the USA from doing what they did best-playing live."

Special features include an performance of 'Cannonball' by G.M.T. (featuring ex-Gillan members Bernie Torme, John McCoy and Robin Guynew), in-depth interviews with Bernie Torme, John McCoy, Colin Towns and Mick Underwood, a history of Gillan by Joe Geesin, and Photo Gallery.

The tracklisting is as follows: 'Unchain Your Brain', 'Trouble', 'If You Believe Me', 'Mutually Assured Destruction (M.A.D.)', 'No Easy Way'. Bonus Archive Footage includes: 'Vengeance', 'Smoke On The Water', 'Sleeping On The Job'.

I have seen Gillan a few times in that period and they were fantastic!! I can't wait to get this disc in my grubby hands. I just wish there were more tracks on the DVD. I would love to have some songs from 'Future Shock".

Awesome band!! Awesome times!!