Girls Got Rythm

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Featuring cover art by Alan Forbes (Ozzy Osbourne, AFI, Queens of the Stone Age), Girls Got Rhythm – advertised by its label, Liquor and Poker Music, as a “female tribute celebration featuring covers of classic hard rock and metal bands by the women who love them” – will be available for purchase at the show, one day before it’s in stores. Its release commemorates the third anniversary of Liquor and Poker, the rock imprint of Century Media Records that has released two dozen acclaimed albums by the likes of Fireball Ministry, The Hellacopters, Nebula and Backyard Babies since its 2003 inception.

The complete track listing for Girls Got Rhythm is as follows:

1. Thundherstruck – Thunderstruck (AC/DC)
2. The Iron Maidens – Run To The Hills (Iron Maiden)
3. Mistress of Reality – Fairies Wear Boots (Black Sabbath)
4. Cheap Chick – Surrender (Cheap Trick)
5. Black Diamond – Love Gun (Kiss)
6. Ms. Fits – Last Caress (The Misfits)
7. Hell's Belles – Back In Black (AC/DC)
8. The Little Dolls – I Don't Know (Ozzy Osbourne)
9. Zepparella – The Lemon Song (Led Zeppelin)
10. Kissexy – Lick It Up (Kiss)
11. Whole Lotta Rosies – Dog Eat Dog (AC/DC)
12. Ramonas – Sheena Is A Punk Rocker (The Ramones)
13. Foxey Lady – Foxey Lady (Jimi Hendrix)

I have to check it, but just because of the first four songs I like it. And I already know the Iron Maidens version so...

Very old school IMO too.

NP: Pink floyd - 'Echoes'

Wyvern said:
I have to check it, but just because of the first four songs I like it. And I already know the Iron Maidens version so...

I hope they're not using the same version that's on their CD - the sound quality is horrible.

I may pick this up since friends of mine are playing in Whole Lotta Rosies, and Ms. Fits was fun, live. :kickass:

There is another "Black Diamond" KISS tribute band that is definitely not a female band, although it would be difficult to tell what's under all that makeup. :p I saw them in Cheyenne many, many years ago.