as supplies last.....
oh yeah, it's this saturday.

Thanks for the info....

The Sacrifice!​
gb.jpg

The Reward!​
gb2.jpg

Scream for Me Irvine!

Thanks for the info MiniMurray! I scheduled an appt. for today-- you don't have to wait until Saturday to get stuck.:cry:
Bruce Chickinson said:
i wonder if you get one ticket or a pair...
The KLOS website sez you get 1 voucher that you can redeem for 1 ticket to either LB or Irvine. We'll see...
:hotjump:

Brucie Chickinson said:
I could not make a same day appointment so I made mine for Saturday before the Metallica show. AFter giving blood, I should be a real lightweight...a good thing since beer is so expensive at the LA Colliseum.

You may be in for a treat Saturday Brucie! I haven't seen setlists and can't confirm it, but I read on another messageboard that on tour Metallica has been playing mostly old stuff with just a few St. Anger songs. Reminded me of seeing them on the Load tour at the GW Forum and there were some dudes right in front of the band in the front row with a bed sheet painted with the words NO NEW SHIT that they kept waving the whole concert- really quite funny. Could be wishful thinking, but maybe Metallica has taken it to heart! :p
Damn, makes me want to think about going up there tomorrow and finding a "street vendor" selling tix!:D

CrankYanker said:
I read that on tour Metallica has been playing mostly old stuff with just a few St. Anger songs. Damn, makes me want to think about going up there tomorrow and finding a "street vendor" selling tix!:D

Hell yeah... Metallica are in what I like to call "AC/DC mode". It happens when you've been hugely successful for a long time. Releasing a new album becomes an excuse to tour and make the big money… ticket sales and merch! Than you just play two new songs and bust out that amazing back catalog of jams. That’s Rules!

Crank: You gotta go man… all the bands on the ticket are worth a view. Notably MUD, DEF-T, LINK & MET… all on one bill! Even Limp is good for a hit or two.

Jen: Hope to see you & Bill there. I’ll buy you a tall cold one. Bring tons of son block!

SciKikMobster said:
Hell yeah... Metallica are in what I like to call "AC/DC mode". It happens when you've been hugely successful for a long time. Releasing a new album becomes an excuse to tour and make the big money… ticket sales and merch! Than you just play two new songs and bust out that amazing back catalog of jams. That’s Rules!

Who said that they need to put anything new out? Metallica's done it before. Kiss is going out on tour with Aerosmith and neither band has any new material to promote (Greatest Hits and Live albums don't count as new material, in my opinion). The Grateful Dead's last album was released in 1987 and they continued touring until the death of Jerry Garcia (and, they're not letting that little roadblock get in the way of touring this year, either!).

I'm not going to the show because there's only one band on the bill I even want to see and I'm not paying ridiculous amounts of cash to see Mudvayne for 30 minutes.

I'm also not seeing Metallica again until they put out a decent album worthy of my $18.99! #20 and still dropping in the charts, babe! (Kiss Alive IV beat it out by 2 spots! :loco: )

I'm, curious...

What kind of tickets did you guys get when you gave blood.

I gave at work on Monday and all I got was a free t-shirt and some cookies. I didn't go on Saturday cause I knew I would be drinking like a fish, at the Summer Sanitation Concert.

I paids the full pop for LBC tix... but I'm just curious. I'm wierd like that.

After donating blood, they gave us a cool klos t-shirt and cup....
they asked me for a photo id and which show I wanted a voucher for...
long beach or Irvine
(see photo above- the voucher)

You may want to call them and see if they have anymore vouchers

I went on Saturday and they could not guarantee you a voucher...and they only had two left for long beach where I needed them. I should have not gone to a Long Beach Red Cross DOOOHHH. but the Santa Ana one oh well. What was sad was there were all these people waiting to give blood AND THEY DID NOT KNOW THAT THERE WAS A CHANCE THAT THEY WOULD GET NO VOUCHER FOR EACH SHOW....I think that's cheesy. At least tell the people WHEN you run out of vouchers or you could have a riot on your hands.