Give me something

Astrum

Psion
Aug 14, 2006
Boston, MA
that will move me. I don't really care what genre it is, but give me something that is going to evoke some sort of emotion in me, some sort of strong feeling. Something that I can sway to as well, or headbang to, or wave my fucking lighter in the air to, I don't care. I don't care how brutal it is or how soft it is, just make it something that's not so one dimentional.

And nothing obvious. Some good overlooked albums would be nice.

I appreciate it.

Saturnus - Everything
Funeral - Tragedies + From These Wounds
Shape of Despair - Angels of Distress
Cenotaph (Mex) - Riding Our Black Oceans
The Crown - Deathrace King
Koldborn - First Enslavement
Tristania - Widow's Weeds and Beyond The Veil
Solitude Aeternus - Adagio and Downfall
Novembers Doom - The Pale Haunt Departure
Catacombs - In the Depths of R'lyeh

Within Temptation. Pretty powerful melodies, and passionate female vocals. Usually what I listen to when I'm in the mood for something emotional. Mother Earth is a decent album, but I haven't heard much from them so there may be better. My favorite song of theirs is "The Dance", which is fucking amazing, so whatever album that was on might be good.

Dream Theater - Scenes From a Memory also has some really emotional, dramatic, and haunting songs. See "Strange Deja Vu" and "Fatal Tragedy" for examples.

Not sure if Stratovarius is obvious or not, but Episode, Visions, and Infinite have some really powerful melodies.

that will move me. I don't really care what genre it is, but give me something that is going to evoke some sort of emotion in me, some sort of strong feeling. Something that I can sway to as well, or headbang to, or wave my fucking lighter in the air to, I don't care. I don't care how brutal it is or how soft it is, just make it something that's not so one dimentional.

And nothing obvious. Some good overlooked albums would be nice.

I appreciate it.

Infected Mushroom - Vicious Delicious
I consider them to be the heaviest band: Stoner Metal

Within Temptation. Pretty powerful melodies, and passionate female vocals. Usually what I listen to when I'm in the mood for something emotional. Mother Earth is a decent album, but I haven't heard much from them so there may be better. My favorite song of theirs is "The Dance", which is fucking amazing, so whatever album that was on might be good.

Dream Theater - Scenes From a Memory also has some really emotional, dramatic, and haunting songs. See "Strange Deja Vu" and "Fatal Tragedy" for examples.

Not sure if Stratovarius is obvious or not, but Episode, Visions, and Infinite have some really powerful melodies.

I am listening to Alpha & omega
you know this song?

Isis - Oceanic or Panopticon

Still haven't heard their newest one though, so it might be what you're looking for too.