Give me something

that will move me. I don't really care what genre it is, but give me something that is going to evoke some sort of emotion in me, some sort of strong feeling. Something that I can sway to as well, or headbang to, or wave my fucking lighter in the air to, I don't care. I don't care how brutal it is or how soft it is, just make it something that's not so one dimentional.

And nothing obvious. Some good overlooked albums would be nice.

I appreciate it.

PYRAMAZE-epic power metal. (cd"legend of the bone carver")
COMMUNIC-all over the place in style...mainly prog./thrash. (cd"waves of visual decay")

2ziqzd2.jpg

Enjoy your bowel movement.

The Gathering - Mandylion
Great songs, sweet, lovely vocals. For me this was just about instantly moving.

Nevermore - Dead Heart, The Godless Endeavor
It took me a few tries on Dead Heart, but once you get into these, they are amazing.

Return to Forever - Romantic Warrior
Amazing jazz/fusion. Amazing. May not be everyone's thing, but it is like extreme jazz, and uses the primary rock instruments (and variations), plus keyboards/piano. No horns.

Steely Dan - the Royal Scam
Some of these songs are very moving, though I am sure some people would just hate it instantly.

that will move me. I don't really care what genre it is, but give me something that is going to evoke some sort of emotion in me, some sort of strong feeling. Something that I can sway to as well, or headbang to, or wave my fucking lighter in the air to, I don't care. I don't care how brutal it is or how soft it is, just make it something that's not so one dimentional.

I appreciate it.

Berg- Violin Concerto

Agalloch - Pale Folklore. Especially "As Embers Dress the Sky". It's much more emotional than the last two releases due to the more sincere production.

Velvet Cacoon - Genevieve. It will take more than one listen, but packs a ton of atmosphere and feeling in a minimal album. Recalls powerful loss, sadness, the sea (or lake), possibly drug trips, isolation. One of the best albums of this decade.

I appreciate it.

Check out Kylähullut, a side project of Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom).
http://www.kylahullut.com/
http://www.myspace.com/khullut

Do not take it seriously :)