Give the Previous Person Good Rep Game

Steve

New Metal Member
Jun 25, 2002
Fairfield, CT (USA)
This forum needs some more posting, so this could be On Topic discussion with an Incentive to post here. 10 good posts and 10 OK posts are better than only 10 good posts.

I'll Start off with:
What is your opinion of The Tokyo Showdown?

I own Tokyo Showdown. I like it of course, yet the sound qaulity is..."eh" for lack of better words. The best live album I have ever heard is "Tokyo Warhearts" by Children of Bodom. UNFUCKINGBELIEVEABLE production there. What's cool about it is that I am about 99% sure that they went through the board for the recording, yet you can still hear the crowd noise, crystal clear. A double fucking PLUS in my book.
:D

Reactions: Steve
I'm surprised to see I haven't gotten any bad rep for starting this thread. I thought it offered an incentive to post, but I guess it's not going to work.

Steve (no rep needed for this post)

Great setlist, although lacks some of the older "classic" In Flames stuff. The quality is worst than most of the bootleg metal songs I have. Other than that, it's a decent album.

A DVD would kick ass. I would also hope for a long set, including lots of their older material. Maybe Something like this:

CD 1 (approx 72 minutes)

Bullet Ride (4:42)
Dead Eternity (5:01)
Clayman (3:28)
Food For the Gods (4:21)
Graveland (2:46)
The Jester Race(4:51)
Scorn (3:37)
Jotun (3:53)
Morphing Into Primal (3:05)
Moonshield(5:01)
Cloud Connected (3:40)
Zombie, Inc. (5:05)
Reroute to Remain (3:53)
Trigger (4:58)
Clad In Shadows (2:50)
Only For the Weak(4:54)
Episode 666 (3:45)

Intermission

CD 2 (approx 72 minutes)

Swim(3:13)
Stand Ablaze (4:34)
Dismiss The Cynics (3:38)
Square Nothing (3:57)
Pallar Anders Visa (1:41)
Murders In The Rue Morgue (3:07)
Acoustic Medley (2:34)
Starforsaken (3:09)
Pinball Map(4:07)
Everlost (I and II) (4:16/2:57)
Colony (4:39)
The December Flower (4:10)
Whoracle (2:43)
The Jester's Dance (2:09)
Artifacts of the Black Rain (3:15)
Behind Space (4:55)
Metaphor (3:39)
Goliaths Disarm Their Davids (4:56)
Upon an Oaken Throne (2:49)

CD 3 (Shaped CD) Encore/Bonus Tracks

Shadow Duet (Anders and Daniel on vocals)
Shadow Duet (New Studio Version featuring Mikeal Stanne)
Fur Elise (Jesper's Solo Electric Version)
Fur Elise (Jesper's Solo Acoustic Version)

The show would have a 15 minute break in the middle, it would be on 2 CD's and one Bonus shaped CD (White Jester), and a Live DVD would be released. That would kick ass.

What do you think of this?

Yeah, that would be FUCKIN' AWESOME!!!
pop.gif

ShadowLioness said:
I own Tokyo Showdown. I like it of course, yet the sound qaulity is..."eh" for lack of better words. The best live album I have ever heard is "Tokyo Warhearts" by Children of Bodom. UNFUCKINGBELIEVEABLE production there. What's cool about it is that I am about 99% sure that they went through the board for the recording, yet you can still hear the crowd noise, crystal clear. A double fucking PLUS in my book.
:D

The words from my naive little world, uhm; I wouldn't exactly call any of those two 'real' live albums, specially not the one from CoB. I mean, that one was recorded twice sort to speak with them having two gigs recorded to than later on tweak the sound even more in a studio. I mean, this time it might have been for the better and that takes some skills but still - there's a certain risk of killing that special live feeling if you overdo the production part of it and with that the whole meaning of a live album.

Since I don't know all the details I might have gone too far already but isn't there something wrong already if there's a need for a complete production setup in that league? I mean, a mastering should be enough?

squarenothing66 said:
Maybe something a little bit more realistic. There's no way a 36 song setlist would be played. And you think that Anders would let an instrumental be played? (No offense to him, but I don't think he would let it happen).

I think it would be a good idea. he might not want to be left out, but even a 90 minute set of growling is hard, so he might want to rest for a few minutes during a show. He should let the rest of the band have the spotlight for a bit, after all, he does have all the attention quite frequently. It is unrealistic, but maybe one show on their return to Goteburg some time, record it, make money, make fans happy...

it would be even better if it was in the US. Maybe Philadelphia, fans from NY, NJ, CT, and as far out as Pittsburgh could come, maybe a few from the midwest and Ontario too :)

I really wish this would happen, but there is little chance, and if it did, another live album is a few years off.

Steve

MP-AKK said:
The words from my naive little world, uhm; I wouldn't exactly call any of those two 'real' live albums, specially not the one from CoB. I mean, that one was recorded twice sort to speak with them having two gigs recorded to than later on tweak the sound even more in a studio. I mean, this time it might have been for the better and that takes some skills but still - there's a certain risk of killing that special live feeling if you overdo the production part of it and with that the whole meaning of a live album.

Since I don't know all the details I might have gone too far already but isn't there something wrong already if there's a need for a complete production setup in that league? I mean, a mastering should be enough?
You need to tweak and adjust it some as far as I know. I like bootlegs more than live albums. They seem to have more of a live effect. anyone else feel this way? THey are raw live material, not stuff recorded professionally, then perfected to be able to be sold on a CD. Most won't tolerate some rough parts of a CD, but they are OK on free bootlegs.

Steve

Reactions: Arch
two weeks ago I gave everyone who participated in this thread good rep. It's an interesting discussion, so I'd like to continue it.

Stev (no rep necessary)