May 8, 2010
Paisley,Scotland
give this a listen

band recorded in college tonight

there called dillectrics
no editing done at all

still got a bass track and proper vocals to do

Last edited by a moderator:
alright, I disagree, I think music is music even there is not all instruments being played.....I think it sounds decent, it is a little difficult to help when it is not all the way there. The guitar is a little weak though, and can't really hear it. The vocals need some sort of delay or reverb....a tad.

don't take this the wrong way ahjteam but I always feel like you give an attitude for no reason really. I mean you give a lot to the forum and your really helpful but sometimes you get kinda rude. I mean he doesn't have a bass track ATM but you can still help him out with you he does have. Anyways...

I think it sounds great, the guitars sound a bit thin in my opinion (the distorted one's) They should have more body to really improve the mix.

don't take this the wrong way ahjteam but I always feel like you give an attitude for no reason really. I mean you give a lot to the forum and your really helpful but sometimes you get kinda rude. I mean he doesn't have a bass track ATM but you can still help him out with you he does have. Anyways...

No, you're dead on. Anssi is very often a dick for no apparent reason, and he never seems to notice when he's called out on it.

Not in a place to listen, but I've bookmarked and will listen in a bit!

Alright, listened now. Sounds super super raw, as in like zero processing and maybe not the best mic selection, esp on the drums. Overheads are really washy and the kick has no definition. Snare too loud/out front. Guitar is a single track down the middle?

Sounds like a writing demo or really really rough tracks if I'm honest.

kick - shure beta 52
snare- shure beta57
toms - audio technica ae3000s
hh- akg c451
ride- akg c451 wasn't in that mix though
oh left & right - se se4400s a spaced pair
rooms - se se4400s spaced pair

guitar was just one shure sm57

high hats - zyldian avedis 14 new beats
crash 1 - zyldian A custom 16 med crash
crash 2 - zyldian A custom 18 med chrash
ride- sabian AAX 20 stage ride