Giving up the smokes.

MyHatred said:
To quote Bill Hicks :
Obnoxious , self-righteous, whining little fucks. My biggest fear is that if I quit smoking, I'll become one of you...Don't take that wrong. I have something to tell you non-smokers that I know for a fact that you don't know, and I feel it's my duty to pass on information at all times. Ready?.......Non-smokers die every day...Enjoy your evening. See, I know that you entertain this eternal life fantasy because you've chosen not to smoke, but let me be the 1st to POP that bubble and bring you hurtling back to reality....You're dead too.

No, really? I suppose next you're going to tell me people who don't jump out of planes without parachutes also die!

jdelpi said:
Smokers also save us social security money, since they die earlier.

Actually in Illinois the taxes on smokes is pretty high so they give us roads, exrtra police forces and educational funds.

Anytime the state needs money (which is all the time) they stick it to the smokers.

i have never been a smoker but each to there own,i dont think it is any worse than all the other shit that we breathe in everyday anyway lol,u can be the fittest healthiest person on the planet but if u get hit by a bus chances are u are gonna die,what are people gonna say at the funeral,oh geez that guy was so fit and healthy,i say enjoy life and do what makes u happy.

mrthrax said:
i have never been a smoker but each to there own,i dont think it is any worse than all the other shit that we breathe in everyday anyway lol,u can be the fittest healthiest person on the planet but if u get hit by a bus chances are u are gonna die,what are people gonna say at the funeral,oh geez that guy was so fit and healthy,i say enjoy life and do what makes u happy.

It's all about chances. The chances of getting hit by a bus walking are MUCH less then getting cancer from smoking. Living long is a goal of mine.

whitey131 said:
Actually in Illinois the taxes on smokes is pretty high so they give us roads, exrtra police forces and educational funds.

Anytime the state needs money (which is all the time) they stick it to the smokers.

Same here in Michigan. That is why I hate smug non-smokers who bitch about smokers with their holier than thou attitudes. Yet, anytime they encounter a financial problem( which like you stated is "all the time") they throw some more taxes on smokers. They always have to rely on smokers to bail them out, yet they treat them like they are lepers.
How about taxing all the fat fucks who eat one to many cheesburgers? I don't know what is more offensive, A smoker that is minding his business outside or some smelly lardo that has an ass the size of a mack truck?

I'm trying to quit at the moment so it is kind of a moot point with me because I am trying to be healthier but I just hope I don't act like a dick to smokers like some people do if I can kick the habit.

whitey131 said:

Very true.

My liberal friend (here in Ohio) says he cut back on smoking considerably because he doesn't want to fund the Republican administration.

mrthrax said:

I'm not trying to be critical, but your statement is kind of funny in light of the fact that you are a bakery manager.

MyHatred said:
Same here in Michigan. That is why I hate smug non-smokers who bitch about smokers with their holier than thou attitudes. Yet, anytime they encounter a financial problem( which like you stated is "all the time") they throw some more taxes on smokers. They always have to rely on smokers to bail them out, yet they treat them like they are lepers.
How about taxing all the fat fucks who eat one to many cheesburgers? I don't know what is more offensive, A smoker that is minding his business outside or a some smelly lardo that has an ass the size of a mack truck?

In Kansas they are trying to make all clubs smoke free, this includes concert venues (smaller ones) and bars. A few towns have already done so, and in others the clubs just moved outside of city limits. I dont smoke, and I dont like it, but, I do think the constant raping of smokers is wrong, why dont they tax liquor like that? Or even McDonalds!????

MyHatred said:
How about taxing all the fat fucks who eat one to many cheesburgers? I don't know what is more offensive, A smoker that is minding his business outside or a some smelly lardo that has an ass the size of a mack truck?

I'm trying to quit at the moment so it is kind of a moot point with me because I am trying to be healthier but I just hope I don't act like a dick to smokers like some people do if I can kick the habit.

I don't think I fit into the category of "smug non-smokers." I was simply pointing out a fact about smokers and social security. I have opposed laws banning smoking in bars and restaurants out of respect for property rights of the owners. I was also opposed to Ohio raising the cigarrette tax.

One thing that does really annoy me about smokers is leaving their butts on the ground all over the fucking place. I've known some smokers that throw their butts away, but most just litter. It's trashy. Also, smokers who don't obey private businesses' wishes to not allow smoking are just as bad as the people who want to ban it everywhere.

One more thing, if I were a store manager, I'd make sure employees who smoke:
1. Don't get any more break time than non-smokers.
2. Don't smoke by the entrance. It's just as annoying there as inside the store. They should be away from the customers.

metal_thrashing_kansan said:
In Kansas they are trying to make all clubs smoke free, this includes concert venues (smaller ones) and bars. A few towns have already done so, and in others the clubs just moved outside of city limits. I dont smoke, and I dont like it, but, I do think the constant raping of smokers is wrong, why dont they tax liquor like that? Or even McDonalds!????

I hear ya, but the real question is, why can't the legislators control their spending. No need to persecute fast food lovers also.

MyHatred said:
How about taxing all the fat fucks who eat one to many cheesburgers? I don't know what is more offensive, A smoker that is minding his business outside or some smelly lardo that has an ass the size of a mack truck?

You will. When I smoked I had no idea how bad that smell sticks to you.

metal_thrashing_kansan said:

Getting rid of it public places is alright I guess. You figure it's no differant then any other saftey law. Second hand smoke is bad...there is no denying it.

I know what you mean and agree with you, jdelpi. Sorry, if I came across as rude. I haven't had a cig in a week so I am just a wee bit testy:D . I have always been a courteous smoker because I know cigarettes reek and I never liked being around them when I didn't smoke. I didn't litter my cigarette butts all over the place either. I always kept them in my ashtray in my car or the butt can outside my house and have even went as far as putting them in my pocket at shows if I have too.

jdelpi said:
I'm not trying to be critical, but your statement is kind of funny in light of the fact that you are a bakery manager.

i just said that statement because basically there is so much shit that can happen to people,my uncle died a tragic death of cancer after the last 10 years of his life fighting it yet he was fit and healthy and never smoked or drank,i guess a higher power likened to natural disaters,they just dont have mercy,if u are in its path u are a goner.

i dont work in bakery anymore,when the last store mgr got promoted it happened to be very close to me so i transferred,i am assistant grocery mgr same money and good hours(7am to 4pm)and i am saving 30 bucks a week in petrol.

just out of interest what do u do for a crust?

mrthrax said:
i just said that statement because basically there is so much shit that can happen to people,my uncle died a tragic death of cancer after the last 10 years of his life fighting it yet he was fit and healthy and never smoked or drank,i guess a higher power likened to natural disaters,they just dont have mercy,if u are in its path u are a goner.

i dont work in bakery anymore,when the last store mgr got promoted it happened to be very close to me so i transferred,i am assistant grocery mgr same money and good hours(7am to 4pm)and i am saving 30 bucks a week in petrol.

I just said that because if everyone became a health nut, bakeries would not do very well. I love eating junk and fast food. Thank Bon I have high metabolism.

mrthrax said:
just out of interest what do u do for a crust?

Is that how Australian lingo for what is my job? I am a coordinator in the admissions department at a zoo. I don't like it very much and am trying to find a new job, but it's not that difficult either. Plus I am only 4.1 miles (6.6 km) away from work.

whitey131 said:

In Canada, Smokers cost us all a fortune, because of free health care, but Smokers also pay the most taxes.