Glad I watched the Headbanger's Ball on Saturday...

Gory Elephant

Apr 26, 2003
For two reasons:

1) It reminded me that SLAYER was the greatest metal band this planet has EVER seen, or ever will see.

2) I got a chance to hear this "Staind" band I had been hearing so much about. Now I finally know what it is like to choke to death on my own vomit. Luckily my wife was around to revive me.

Gory Elephant said:
For two reasons:

1) It reminded me that SLAYER was the greatest metal band this planet has EVER seen, or ever will see.

2) I got a chance to hear this "Staind" band I had been hearing so much about. Now I finally know what it is like to choke to death on my own vomit. Luckily my wife was around to revive me.

I don't know about Slayer being THE greatest metal band ever, but they are great. And as for the other comment. You are correct highly overrrated band, that can't hold a candle to a metal band, even a shit glam band like Poison. Glad the old lady was there to save your ass from choking to death bro. Keep postin'!:p

I think staind are good enough, Break the cycle was shite, but tormented is a brilliant album :)

Aaron Lewis has a good voice, I'll give him that.

Aaron Lewis needs to grow hair, fix his huge head, put away his stupid acoustic guitar and stop doing acoustic covers of every song on the planet while adding his "hay guys im really angsty" touch to them. What else was on the show?

Life Sucks said:
Staind suck, but they are still better than Poison. Poison, Motely Crue, Warrant, LA Guns, etc. were the worst metal bands EVER (if you even want to call them metal).

I wouldn't call 'em metal. What ever you think of those bands is your opinion. NUMETAL over a glam band though?! At least those glam bands you mentioned show "some" musicianship.....:tickled:

IntoObscurity said:
Aaron Lewis needs to grow hair, fix his huge head, put away his stupid acoustic guitar and stop doing acoustic covers of every song on the planet while adding his "hay guys im really angsty" touch to them. What else was on the show?
Doesn't this wanker remind you of Kurt Cobain in a way? The music is just so damn depressing. Like Dave Mathews on downers or something.
No shit he has this big ass pumpkin head, doesn't he?!:p

Life Sucks said:
Staind suck, but they are still better than Poison. Poison, Motely Crue, Warrant, LA Guns, etc. were the worst metal bands EVER (if you even want to call them metal).

Oh dude .. The Crue's first two albums were pretty good. They just figured out they could sell more records by being less aggressive after their second.

Bryant

Isn't Shit Stained yet another band that has a vocalist who sounds like Pearl Jam? I grew up listening to Crüe, I know I'll get flamed for this but I thought Too Fast For Love and Shout at the Devil were pretty heavy records for that time.

Bryant said:
Oh dude .. The Crue's first two albums were pretty good. They just figured out they could sell more records by being less aggressive after their second.

Bryant
The only Crue albums I know are Theatre Of Pain, Girls, Girls, Girls, and Dr. Feelgood. And the music on those albums fucking sucks IMO.

sixxswine said:
I don't know about Slayer being THE greatest metal band ever, but they are great. And as for the other comment. You are correct highly overrrated band, that can't hold a candle to a metal band, even a shit glam band like Poison. Glad the old lady was there to save your ass from choking to death bro. Keep postin'!:p

Poison, Staind, same stuff - different generation. Radio-friendly pop-metal (if you can even use that word). Regardless, to be fair to Staind, they weren't the only band on the HBB that night that tripped the old gag reflex.

Anyway, I got some new tunes on the way in the mail pretty quick (new Mortician, new Regurgitate, and the new Demoncy), for the folks who are sympathetic to my particular tastes in music, and may not have heard them before, I will let you all know when they get here, and how they are.

Staind are one of the few Nu Metal bands with talent and potential for something better than their drop-d snoozefest, however, they don't seem to be interested in using that potential.

Bryant said:

Bryant
Pretty good is an accurate description, imo. The only Crue cd I own is 'Shout At the Devil', which has got some pretty cool riffs on it. Simplistic, but cool.
I don't ALWAYS need technical complexity in my music. :)