Glasgow Gig

Really good gig. The set could have done with a few more older songs (only 2 songs from pre Last Fair Deal? :( ) and the Cathouse could have pulled their finger out and done something about the pretty poor sound quality, but I really enjoyed it. Loved hearing Soil's Song and Deliberation. Really wish they'd played Complicity though :(.

I'm not sure whether I preferred it to the 2003 gig they did here or not. I think the setlist was better this time, but the sound quality really let them down :(.

Was astonished to hear Wealth live...there's one track I had never thought they'd play for some reason.

Next time you guys play here - Will I Arrive and Complicity have to be on the setlist :)

My thoughts? I just got to see one of my all time favourite bands play some of my favourite songs so, yeah... you could say I was kinda happy. Or ecstatic. Or totally euphorically fucking overjoyed!
My overall impression of the gig was as follows:
Good choice of songs, but there were some sound problems. Anders was having some problems with his guitar, but this was excusable on the first night of the tour, and the passion that went into the set was nigh-on unmatchable. Jonas actually looked as if he was having a blast, which was great to see, and they played for a good hour and 15 minutes. The fact that they played 'In The White' pretty much made my year!
Highlight, for me, was 'Ghost Of The Sun'. Now, I love that song, but in no way is it my favourite. Despite this, I have to concede that tonight it was very special, and I think just about everyone in the crowd sang along to every word.
Crowd response was pretty good, I thought, not a sell out but it seemed close enough. Set was well paced, and playing Deadhouse so early was a great idea. Jonas came across as very amiable, and the whole band coped very well with some feedback problems that kept recurring.
Special mention too to Novembre, who were really very good (and played an enormous +50minute set).
Absolutely brilliant night, can't wait for them to come back, although who knows when that will be lol. I would type a better description, but it's late and I'm tired haha.

THANK YOU KATATONIA :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :headbang: :worship: :headbang: :worship: :headbang: :worship:

well, i like the setlist...but I remember Anders saying a year ago that in the next tour they were going to try something different, i.e. play songs never played before and do a couple of medleys from the first two records.

That's why I'm a little disappointed...but nothing important :)

I thought it was an excellent gig. The lack of Murder and many pre-LFDGD songs was slightly dissapointing, but overall great gig - even if the sound was dodgy. Drunkenly decided afterwards that i`m going to head over to the gigs in Italy if it works out reasonably inexpensive.

The gig was awesome. I was chuffed when they played Deadhouse as that is an amazing song. 1 song I really wanted them to play from the Great Cold Distance was Rusted but unfortunately that was not played.

Regarding the sound everyone I spoke too thought it was a good sound but I personally thought there was too much feedback.

The sound was messy. The vocals were a bit quiet, and the bass was stupidly loud. Guitars were a bit drowned out by the bass, drums were fine. But you could still hear everything.

Filth said:
The gig was awesome. I was chuffed when they played Deadhouse as that is an amazing song. 1 song I really wanted them to play from the Great Cold Distance was Rusted but unfortunately that was not played.

Regarding the sound everyone I spoke too thought it was a good sound but I personally thought there was too much feedback.

I thought the sound was shit all the way around for both bands. I hate it when venues can't get their shit together. If I didn't know Katatonia songs by heart, I wouldn't have known what the hell was being sung.

MountainDweller said:
I thought the sound was shit all the way around for both bands. I hate it when venues can't get their shit together. If I didn't know Katatonia songs by heart, I wouldn't have known what the hell was being sung.

unfortunately it seems to be the way with the Cathouse, none of the gigs I have ben too there have had that great a sound (only been to a few though there, Deicide + Man Must Die , Anathema + Moonspell + Therion)