Gig Withdrawal

MountainDweller

Under The Dark Moon
May 1, 2001
Back in the Hellhole called Texas.
It's now officially been 1 year and 7 months since the last time I went to a gig (Opeth on 17 March 2003) and I'm really, really, really, starting to get depressed and starting to suffer from withdrawal. I need a good gig to go to, badly. Never seen Katatonia live (they always seem to gig too far away from me, but hopefully that will change now that I'm in Glasgow -- please play the Cathouse next tour!), Opeth are done until probably 2006. All my other favourite bands are kind of in the same situation (between albums). And to top it off, I just find out about Diabolical Masquerade being no more. *sigh* I guess on the bright side, my favourite bands will probably all release albums at the same time which means absolutley fuckin' loads of gigs to see then!

Anyone in Scotland know of any good gigs coming up? Even if they are local, I don't care, as long as they're good. I need to get my ass to a gig, and soon!

I don't know about concerts in Scotland...but when I'm interested in seeing a band I don't wait until they come to the nearest city where I live...otherwise I really have to wait for ages until I see I gig, and i'm still lucky that usually bands who come to Italy play in Milan....

Now for example I just discovered that Paatos are not playing in Milan *fuck* but I'm thinking about doing a little trip to see them...The only thing is that sometimes if you go alone to a gig far away it sucks...but when you find at least another person who goes with you it's a lot of fun, not only for the gig but for the trip itself, places you see, people you meet and the little adventures that can occur!

Oh, I've had plenty of adventures. The last gig I went to when I saw Opeth, in fact, I ended up stranded in Birmingham in the freezing cold. The positive of that night was when Peter saw me and asked if I wanted anything signed (which I wasn't going to ask for) and I ended up getting autographs from the whole band on flyers and stuff. Proof again that Peter is a top-notch, nice person.

I think ever since I started going to gigs, I've been stranded far from home at least five times, and it always seems to be in the cold months or during bad weather! *lol* I also can't really afford to travel so far, so that's why I couldn't make gigs I would have liked to go to (including one Katatonia did in Birmingham recently, I think). Plus, I knew if I went to that one that I'd end up stranded again and couldn't bear the thought of going through that again and I also needed to be somewhere the next morning.

So, even now, I'd probably travel to Edinburgh or even Newcastle (depending on who was playing), but luckily Glasgow sees quite a few bands.