Scandinavian tour and Oslo gig

ether

°°§°°
Jan 14, 2002
Visit site
ok, I begin to doubt there will be other Scandinavian dates, but I still have the hope they will play some gigs in Sweden as well...but we know that a good organisation is the last thing you can expect when speaking about a Katatona tour...

Anyway, supposing they won´t cancel the gig in Oslo, me and a friend are thinking about at least going to it.
Since we are going to spend a lot of money for the trip ( we both live in Germany), I ask here if there is someone who is also coming to the gig and who could put up two crazy but really harmless Katatonia fans for one night...
Of course we will offer you beer and we can also pay the ticket for you!
it´s a good bargain, believe me!And then if you think about seeing a gig in Milan or Berlin you will find for sure a place where you can stay!
If it weren´t winter we would have also slept in our car...but that´s impossible to do in Norway in February!

When Katatonia were on tour in italy last year I put up two unknown people who asked for the same thing on this board and it has been one of the best things I could have ever done!
Ah and of course if other German or Danish fans or other nationalities would like to joing us on or trip it would be really cool!
let us know!

ether said:
ok, I begin to doubt there will be other Scandinavian dates, but I still have the hope they will play some gigs in Sweden as well...but we know that a good organisation is the last thing you can expect when speaking about a Katatona tour...QUOTE]

18/2 - Katatonia, Allhuset - Stockholm 50kr
i don't know so much about this gig, but a friend of mine got an e-mail with this info...

18/2 - Katatonia, Allhuset - Stockholm 50kr

if it´s true that´s good news!of course we are also going to Stockholm :)

good they play too gigs in Sweden, now I´m wondering if in February it is possible by car in a day to come on time from Oslo to Trondheim and then the next day to Sunsvall...but if Katatonia are travelling by bus and they can manage it with snow, ice and Norwegian streets (I wouldn´t call them highways...you can´t drive very fast there), why shouldn´t we also make it?
mhh still have to plan the tour...
so does no one offer himself as a volunteer to host us for a night? we only need a floor where to sleep...unfortunately it´s impossible to camp in Norway/Sweden in February...
but ok, we still have to organize the tour better, I mean, Trondheim and Sunsvall are quite far away...but if there is a possibility to find a place where to sleep, I wouldn´t discard this possibility....

ether said:
I´m wondering if in February it is possible by car in a day to come on time from Oslo to Trondheim and then the next day to Sunsvall...but if Katatonia are travelling by bus and they can manage it with snow, ice and Norwegian streets (I wouldn´t call them highways...you can´t drive very fast there), why shouldn´t we also make it?
I think that is about 7 hours of driving under normal condititons. If you're unlucky, you'll encounter some bad weather this time of the year, and even more hours will pass. You should drive from Oslo as quickly as possible the next day, to be sure you make it in time. My guess is that band will be traveling by plain.

SomethingWild said:
Wtf? That's ridiculously cheap. :| You could expect to see a third tier local metal band in some shitty bar for that much in Finland. Katatonia is about 156SEK here.

BarronBlod said:
I think that is about 7 hours of driving under normal condititons. If you're unlucky, you'll encounter some bad weather this time of the year, and even more hours will pass. You should drive from Oslo as quickly as possible the next day, to be sure you make it in time. My guess is that band will be traveling by plain.
yes, I also thought that they are travelling by plane, otherwise it would be too crazy to do one show after another travelling by bus in winter in Norway/Sweden and so far away in the North....
we will see, you just get addicted to katatonia gigs, if they are so good how can´t you say no to another concert?
The problem is also that in theory we can´t afford this trip, but we think it will turn out a nice adventure and we both love Scandinavia and a Katatonia gig is one of the best things I have ever experienced!
and Opethpainter....I know there are youth hostels, but we are trying to spend less money as possible, but of course if we don´t find a place to sleep by someone we will sleep in a hotel....

.. what do you think about a Katatonia-forum-meeting at the concert in Stockholm? Sounds a bit like "lonesome internet-junkies are looking for social contact" but ehm - I don't care ;)
Besides, is here someone from Stockholm who is interested in showing me the city? I'll be there from the 16th till the 22rd of feb. (Ah, and I'm going to stay in a hostel, don't be afraid ;) )

lis_ said:
.. what do you think about a Katatonia-forum-meeting at the concert in Stockholm? Sounds a bit like "lonesome internet-junkies are looking for social contact" but ehm - I don't care ;)
Besides, is here someone from Stockholm who is interested in showing me the city? I'll be there from the 16th till the 22rd of feb. (Ah, and I'm going to stay in a hostel, don't be afraid ;) )

it sounds nice :) In which hostel are you staying? we still haven´t booked yet, maybe we´ll try to convince someone before the show..haha...if only people knew how nice girls we are!!! :)
otherwise we have a place to stay a little far away from Stockholm...
Are you also coming to the Oslo gig? let us know...
you can contact me via Private Message, or E-mail, ok?

ah, I also would like to visit Stockholm before the gig, and a part from the tourist sight-seeing, does someone of you know any good music shops( instruments and/or cd´s)?

ok... unfortunately, i cant have anyone living in my house for the weekend... but i am going to the stockholm gig.
i think it sounds like a cool idea to meet the forum ppl there :) .
atleast i can show you where to buy pretty decent beer in the big world metro of sweden.... and i can also force you to buy me free beer....

just tell me, and i´ll meet you up somewhere.

beerchug.gif

I still don´t know at what time we will arrive in Stockholm...considering that the day before we are in Jönköping and I don´t know what time we are leaving by car...I can write a PM to both of you and give you my phone number, so we can also communicate via sms....
We are bringing beer from Germany for you Hobo :) It would be nice if you could be our guide, thanks!

OK, let's say 18.2., 2p.m. in front of the "Tyska kyrkan" :) If you've got a better idea, Hobo, - let us know!
that..well.. could be a problem.... since i go off work at either 3 or 5 pm...

but i´ll just drop ether a call, and we´ll meet up somewhere :)

2 p.m. was chosen by ehm "random selection" (and the church, too). But if you've got to work... shit happens. So let's hope the mobiles will work properly!
Does anyone know when the concert will begin?