Scandinavian Language Music

Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

I have a new question now. And this time it pertains to the music of Greenland (or in my experience, the lack thereof). Has anyone heard of ANY good bands/musicians from there? With a population barely reaching over 50,000, it's understandable that talented musicians may be hard to come by - and I don't really expect an answer. Still, I would really love to discover the Greenlandic equivalent of Björk or Sigur Rós.

I guess Greenland has always seemed like an enigma to me. I know that it is owned by Denmark, is considered to be the largest island in the world and that Greenlandic is an Inuit language, but I've never actually heard any music from there. I don't know too much about their culture, save for the fact that they aren't too different from the Inuit peoples in northen Canada. Of course, answers are not limited to metal music; I think most would be hard pressed to find any metal from Iceland or Greenland. Thanks in advance to anyone that is able to shed some light on this issue.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

I have a new question now. And this time it pertains to the music of Greenland (or in my experience, the lack thereof). Has anyone heard of ANY good bands/musicians from there? With a population barely reaching over 50,000, it's understandable that talented musicians may be hard to come by - and I don't really expect an answer. Still, I would really love to discover the Greenlandic equivalent of Björk or Sigur Rós.

I guess Greenland has always seemed like an enigma to me. I know that it is owned by Denmark, is considered to be the largest island in the world and that Greenlandic is an Inuit language, but I've never actually heard any music from there. I don't know too much about their culture, save for the fact that they aren't too different from the Inuit peoples in northen Canada. Of course, answers are not limited to metal music; I think most would be hard pressed to find any metal from Iceland or Greenland. Thanks in advance to anyone that is able to shed some light on this issue.

the only one i know of is DDR (Disko Democratic Republic). no worries, it's not disco music, haha. they're sort of a rock band, so to say...
i got interested in them back in time when i was obsessed with northern european music etc... i only own their first album though and, as far as i know, they recorded just another one afterwards (which i didn't listen to).
i've looked around to post some links but apparently there's really nothing regarding their music anywhere, it seems there's an official site but still under construction (http://www.ddrband.com/).
however, there IS a video on youtube, but it's scarcely representative of what they do and it's just a cover, so not really 'their own thing'...
in case you want to take a look, look out for "DDR Kap Farvel..." : )