music in your language

rahvin

keeper of the flame
Oct 10, 2001
safe but not far from the city
since i'm planning a full immersion on swedish and finnish, i thought that it might just help if i had some good quality stuff to listen to in those languages while learning. then i thought it could also be nice to share with each other good musical experiences from our own countries, provided the singing is in your own native language, or at least not english.

it doesn't matter (to me) whether it's metal or not. for instance, i really like kent and so i already started with my music in swedish. i lack some tunes in suomi though. please add if they're downloadable anywhere (no direct links tho), or if you are willing to share the stuff yourselves. i'm sure hyena and i can reciprocate with lots of interesting things in italian.

@argyle: and the name of that band/song was again...? ;)

Timo Rautiainen & Trio Niskalaukaus (Metalll)
Tyrävyö
Moonsorrow
Finntroll (swedish)
Maija Vilkkumaa (if you like good pop-songs, but I guess you do?)
Verenpisara (I suppose that you will dig after a while. It´s cool!)
Ajattara (of the Amorphis-Singer)
Horna (Black Metal)
Ismo Alanko (Pop/Rock, an institution over all the years, really cool guy)
Zen Cafe

...have to think about more, but there are truckloads of. Then I`ll edit this post.

agree on Viikate

:lol: check also the finnish scene discussion on UM! There are those threads like "your five favourite bands"... Tons of suggestions...:)
ah yes, forgot Tenhi.

Lolita Vampiriá said:
Kotiteollisuus
what's the name of their latest radio hit? i think i've heard it and loved it but without the title i can't dload a thing...

and please do recommend your friends' bands' songs too, as long as they're available somewhere :cool:

M'kay kind sir. :p

Kotiteollisuus for example Minä olen (their latest radio hit single).

Try this if you will:
www.tajuvana.com -> musiikki -> there are some stuff downloadable. (And the pages are apparently in English too.)

Simo has just joined in Tajuvana as their new bassist (it's not official news yet but.. ;) )

Lolita Vampiriá said:
Kent rocks always! :D

And of course 3/5 of Kent guys are originally from Finland! :D
Are 3/5 of Kent guys from Finland or were they born in Swedish, but with Finnish descent? :confused:

Misanthrope said:
Lets see lets see...NONE.
You don't like Spanish rock?

Like Heroes del Silencio?

The closer thing i could think off is a former local band called Nightshades ( thast with an s at the end ). They lyrics where in english but it was a melodic black/death with songs about aztec culture writted in a really cool way. Music was good too but they started to be lacking ( no new songs for years at the time, and then only 1 new song, basically after several years of literally the same old songs, they effectively alienated everyone ) and other problems lead to their downfall.

rahvin: (welome back :wave: )

some swedish bands/artists that I enjoy and with, imo, good lyrics:

dia psalma - ranges from quite metal-ish punk to pop/rock.
strebers - the band the guys in dia psalma was in before their drummer died. this is more pure punk, but with some folkish stuff hiding here and there
nordman - folk-pop/rock
charta 77 - punk/pop. sometimes quite witty lyrics
timbuktu - if you´re looking for swedish hiphop, this is it.
big fish - really special band. some kind of folk/pop/rock/(metal) with some industrial stuff going on.
ebba grön - swedish punk legendars who, musically, turned more into pop.
thåström - the singer from ebba grön, this is pure pop/rock, though. some really good songs.

you should try horna horna horna horna horna horna horna horna horna horna horna horna horna horna horna horna horna horna horna horna horna horna horna horna et horna.

Even Luis liked them.

And try Stam1na also (www.vihaa.net) , they dont have a recording deal yet but they rock my balls.

thanks delirious and everybody else. :)

@mis: are things the same in any style? i mean, aside from personal preference you would say that there are no good bands singing in spanish overall? pop, rock, folk, rap, electronic...?