Any language freak or people with a lot of freetime?

CharIie

Moss
Oct 19, 2015
Under the gray sky
Hey guys,

I was doing my daily language "routine" this morning and it got me thinking, I've always been struggling finding language partners. So I just thought I'd try my luck here in case some other people share the same passion for languages. And at least we'd know we have al least one thing in common.
Here's the list of the languages I learn in the order I speak them best:
- English
- Norwegian
- Russian
- German
- Chinese
- Spanish
- Finnish
- Icelandic

Don't hesitate to contact me if you're interested. I'm studying to become a French teacher, so I can also help you with this if you' like to learn.

Holy crap, that's quite a list. Can you actually speak all those or is it still at the "still learning" phase? I can speak Finnish, English, a little German and a little less Swedish. Apart from that I know only a few words here and there (I can count to 5 in Spanish and say I don't speak French in French etc.). My greatest moment with languages was when someone asked me if I could speak Italian in a bar and I was like, "Yeah, sure. Pizza". :D

Well:
English - C1/C2
Norwegian - C1/C2
Russian - B2
German - B1/B2
Chinese - A1/A2
Spanish - A1
Finnish - just started
Icelandic - just started

But ultimately, the goal is to master the 6 first (Finnish and Icelandic are for fun).

My english is a C1, Norwegian is B1 (haven't spoken or written it in two years though) and German is my mother tongue. So, if you have any question regarding German I would be glad to help you.

Haven't really tested my skills but based on the descriptions of those levels I'd say my English is around C1 / C2, German A2 / B1, Swedish A2 and Finnish is my mother tongue. Should you have any questions about the Finnish language, there is actually a thread called "All you need to know about the Finnish Language" in the off-topic section of the forum.

Thanks for offering your help. I might write you guys in PM to avoid spamming here though. Regarding Finnish, I'm just getting started.
Päivää, minun nimi on Charlie ja olen ranskalainen. Haluan oppia suomea koska rakastan Arto Paasilinnan kirjoja, erityisesti "Maailmaan paras kyllä".

Thanks for offering your help. I might write you guys in PM to avoid spamming here though. Regarding Finnish, I'm just getting started.
Päivää, minun nimi on Charlie ja olen ranskalainen. Haluan oppia suomea koska rakastan Arto Paasilinnan kirjoja, erityisesti "Maailmaan paras kyllä".
That's really good for a beginner. The only mistakes are "minun nimi on" which is kind of a hybrid of the spoken "mun nimi on" and the text book "minun nimeni on", and the word ending for the book's name (It should be "Maailman paras kylää". Though it sounds idiotic it is correct as only the last word in a name gets an ending). An easier alternative would be "...erityisesti kirjaa "Maailman paras kylä""). Both mistakes are really minor things though. The former one would be overlooked by anyone not scanning a text for mistakes (Despite doing just that I still overlooked it on my first read through), and the latter one would be written wrong even by most Finns I think (We certainly were quite dumbfounded when our teacher from 9th grade introduced this grammatical rule to us. IIRC some of us even tried to argue that she was wrong :D).

Oh, and town is "kylä", not "kyllä". "Kyllä" means "yes".