KATATONIA: Busy Editing First-Ever DVD

ucsbdude

Stargate Addict
Apr 3, 2003
Stargate Command
Visit site
Sweden's KATATONIA are busy editing their upcoming DVD and have just finished mixing the audio part of the Polish Kracow gig from April 2003. This concert will be the main attraction of the disc, but there will also be more exclusive bonus footage to go along with it. And last but not least, one or two of the unreleased tracks from the "Viva Emptiness" sessions will also show up on the DVD.

In other news, KATATONIA are tentatively planning on embarking on a Scandinavian tour with AMARAN. The trek, which will begin "somewhere in Finland" in early February will include several dates in Sweden, Norway and possibly Denmark. More information will be made available soon.

Yes!! :Spin:

oh! it's just overwhelming to hear! it's being talked for so long about the dvd now, i just want it finally! although to experience Katatonia.. i don't think it's really possible to re-create in some way their live show realistic enough..
only Skandinavia? :erk: maybe i'll go for one gig in Sweden, Stockholm or Malmö.. and when will be annonced the dates??

I think this is a great opportunity for the band to make a video-clip for one of the 'Viva...' songs. I woud propose 'Criminals' or 'Evidence'. Back in the summer I had a tape with my fav. Katatonia-songs in my car and the people who drove with me were forced to listen to them, hehe. But I found out that everybody, even those who don't listen to metal, liked 'Criminals' very much.

That's actually a very weird thing,our soccer team's goalie who listens to pop/rock and stuff like that had burned Criminals on a cd-r too...guess it's more mainstream appealing.
Great to hear about the DVD. Now I'll just need to find the money.

ucsbdude said:
Sweden's KATATONIA are busy editing their upcoming DVD and have just finished mixing the audio part of the Polish Kracow gig from April 2003. This concert will be the main attraction of the disc, but there will also be more exclusive bonus footage to go along with it. And last but not least, one or two of the unreleased tracks from the "Viva Emptiness" sessions will also show up on the DVD.

In other news, KATATONIA are tentatively planning on embarking on a Scandinavian tour with AMARAN. The trek, which will begin "somewhere in Finland" in early February will include several dates in Sweden, Norway and possibly Denmark. More information will be made available soon.

Yes!! :Spin:

i cant wait for the dvd, for me being stuck in the US and a relatively new convert to tha boyz i have yet to see them, and i doubt if i ever will. so this dvd is a piece of pure depressing pie! i am sooooooo exited! i need to fucking move to europe, living in the states is shit.

i remember talking with anders about the video, and we both agreed that omerta would be a nice video, you know, it's short and sharp, could be shot in some moody bar, black&white, with noir atmosphere to it. just a thought.

ColdDarkNord said:
As I know its Krakov gig will be on forthcoming DVD.
OK, this might be unrelated to the thread, but WHAT is up with every band recording DVD's in Krakow? I recently bought a DVD-ROM and figured I needed a couple of discs to go with it, so I buy Dark Tranquillity "Live Damage", Anathema "A Vision of a Dying Embrace" and Enslaved "Live Retaliation." These three are recorded at entirely different times in different venues, the bands are on different labels, etc, etc, and yet all three are recorded in Krakow, Poland. Now if THAT didn't surprise me enough, here comes Katatonia with another Krakow DVD. Are the circumstances for DVD recording especially good there, or what?