NEW LIVE DVD!

About the new Kata DVD, I would love it to be something like the VH1 series "behind the music", where parents, girlfriends, other band members and producers are involved and interviewed, to give a deep insight on the boys and their hystory as a band but also as men. In this series there was a good balance between drama and fun parts, so it's great to watch, and surely not boring because you get to see things in different prospective.

about the new live dvd/cd from Snapper : it will be great. I hope it will be released on cassette in some country, since I love those better than cds.

I'd love to get some insight on your production thats used (ie if nothing else a glimpse of all the studio kit) maybe that would be a bit individual, but it would make it worth my £20 or whatever you charge.

About the new Kata DVD, I would love it to be something like the VH1 series "behind the music", where parents, girlfriends, other band members and producers are involved and interviewed, to give a deep insight on the boys and their hystory as a band but also as men. In this series there was a good balance between drama and fun parts, so it's great to watch, and surely not boring because you get to see things in different prospective.

about the new live dvd/cd from Snapper : it will be great. I hope it will be released on cassette in some country, since I love those better than cds.

cassettes suck

do labels even release tapes anymore??? I loved tapes, i just hated when they got stuck in the stupid mechanism...i had to repair a lot of them....ah the good old days...

I know more companies in Europe make cassettes still. Plus basically any Black Metal band puts releases on cassettes still. Some don't even put it on CD which I can agree with. Vinyl and Cassette are god!

I disagree; for me, the crisper the audio quality the better. That's just my thing when it comes to music. I love clean sound production. But of course, there's always a few exceptions (but even still, they'll never top the better quality recorded albums hehe.)

But damn, all this I'm hearing of the upcoming DVD - holy crap!!! I mean, woah, this is truly something - can't quite put it into words actually. I mean Katatonia has to be in my top 3 fave bands of all-time - in fact, right now, I'd consider them #1. This DVD sounds almost too good to be true.

Lastly, I might kinda agree with Vincent J. on the whole drunk thing. That should maybe be taken off the DVD - :rolleyes: we wouldn't want something like a Lamb of God behind-the-scenes scenario haha.

And correct me if I'm wrong, with all this content, I'm assuming it'll be a 2 DVD boxset with some KILLER packaging. Make it dark and depressing, haha like most of your album covers.
I LOVE the covers to Brave Yester Years or re-mastered BraveMurderDay and Black Sessions.
;) And it all hopefully will be recorded in DTS/DD 5.1 sound with videos of My Twin and Deliberatin intact.

Ok...I think I'm getting carried away here now. :loco: Yeah, uh, I'll stop.

Yeah it's gonna be something special...Well I would think and hope so. I'm so anxious about the two totally different set lists...gives me a huge smile.

Cd is for symphonic music or operas. Hard rock and heavy metal belong to vynil or cassettes, they should sound rough. But that's just my opinion. I hate cds, it sucks that I usually must buy a support that I dislike!

The only thing that ,IMO, can make a band DVD interesting is to turn it into a documentary/fiction kind of movie. Anything else wouldn't live up to his price ($$$), because after one view it becomes boring.

Agreed about metal being on Vinyl and Cassettes. I prefer Death/Black metal on vinyl...the sound is just so much more powerful...and just defines the instruments better imo. And I think Thrash/Heavy Metal sound the best on cassette. I dont know, just listening to some Exodus on cassette just has a great feeling. It's something only few people nowadays can really appreciate.

Dear LIfeDepraved and affinityband, I'm so glad we share the same feelings about cassettes, I hug you all! :)

I like CDs mainly, because of that horror villain in Hellraiser III: Hell On Earth, you know, CD? The guy who was a disc jockey at the boiler room but then was turned into a demonic cenobite named CD? He threw CDs at people? They killed you? I pretty much started buying CDs after that. It was just too awesome. 1993 was really a life-changing year for me.

-Vince

N.P. Pungent Stench - Retaliation