NEW LIVE DVD!

Whow... really cool news on here!!!
And it's so very relieving to hear that there's one more band who wanna make their official dvd a killer thing. So that's gonna be worth to wait... don't mind how long... the result counts ;D
I hate it when bands make such a fuss about any future dvd... like "working" years on it and stuff... and in the end you get a piece of plastic with some average quality live shots of max. 10 songs, the music videos you already knew and absolutely no background info or really interesting stuff.
Well, I never doubted Katatonia to be a band really caring for what they do... so thanx again guys for being... you.

Andersl, ive always been a real pussy for greeting katatonia at any of the gigs (hey anders know who i am yet.... doubt it, always at your UK gigs.. clue:in 2006 I was outside your bus in Bradford RIO, and said "alright".. hey come on your a great guitarest who inspires me its difficult ok!

Catch a few moments like that on video...

Any old footage would be welcome, to give a bit more of a biography into your past.. did some of you work in a steel factory, or am i going mad?

@ Anders, take your time then, that just sounds really totally awesome. That's the kinda DVD I like, like the new Sentenced one, not just 12 live songs in 55 minutes, no, 26 (27?) damn songs, 2 feckin' hours! Including 5 from the old (Jarva) days, plus all kinds of background stuff, videos and all, great, that's the way!

its taken a long time, but we dont feel any rush as we're still workin on our "real" official dvd and when i say working, i mean shooting and gathering footage. we just want it to be totally packed with stuff and not half-assed. ideally, i want at least 2 pro shot concerts on it with the sets differing in the song selection so it's value right there, a full and complete behind the music documentary incl interviews with all members and lots of old, new, backstage, travel, fun, drama, whatever footage along with that. then all our promo videos (incl one we never released), and probably what else we can fit in there... give us yer ideas - yeah!!

however, there are rumours about snapper going to release the summer breeze festival gig 2006 as a dvd/live cd digipak next year... and note, this will not be the dvd release i'm talkin about above.

Sounds like OSCAR and GRAMMY. omg.. hah

really lookin' forward for more icebangz, mummies and stuff.. ! :heh:

if those live gig rumour is true.. it will rokk the cokkz till we get the master producted real stuff ! :headbang:

I would really like to see you guys in a natural setting.....not just onstage or backstage....but just talking to each other about stuff.....like maybe Daniel talking about how he likes Justin Timberlake:) "sorry for spilling the beans Daniel":) .....I suppose I think it would be good to let your fans into your personal worlds a bit.....the more personal you can make it for yourselves the more personal I think it would be for us.

I would really like to see you guys in a natural setting.....not just onstage or backstage....but just talking to each other about stuff.....like maybe Daniel talking about how he likes Justin Timberlake:) "sorry for spilling the beans Daniel":) .....I suppose I think it would be good to let your fans into your personal worlds a bit.....the more personal you can make it for yourselves the more personal I think it would be for us.

yeah its always harder (or even uncomfortable) to go into the real personal/private thing, but i agree its interesting to get a glimpse into that. and it adds to the profile. so this is definately...noted!

daniel...timberlake... might only be the top of an iceberg.... heh!

Yes!

How about you hiring a psychotherapist, and sit in a room and tell each other how much you really hate each other, and then you kiss and make up, and go record the crappiest mixed album of all times!

oh wait.

no.