NEW LIVE DVD!

Yeah, I can't argue with anyone if they think vinyl is the best format. I can respect that because I myself love vinyl as well, even though I'm not a collector. But cassettes??? Heck no. Even for Black Metal, somehow I always want to hear that crisp double bass kick in, you know?

Heck, even with vinyl I noticed the low end is just, well...non-existant. And I have a top-notch sound system. So, for full-out sound quality on a high level, CD will always win over for me.

But, to tell you the truth, DVD-audio is where it's at for me now. Wow, those things sound nice if you have the right set-up. After I witnessed what can be done with these things (In Absentia and Deadwing dvd-audios) I was just blown away.

But hey, everyone has their personal taste. It's all good.

I enjoy 5.1 mixes. Just about the best thing to come out of those darn cds :p

But vinyl is god, and cassettes still kick ass. I got the first Black Aria and some Swervedriver on cassette today. I'm a happy lad.

i have some R.E.M. on cassette, like back from '83, and Therion's lepaka kliffoth, i dont even remember how i got that one!....err....yeah

I got REM's Green and Out of time on vinyl
Automatic for the people,Up and Monster on cd's...nothing from the IRS period though except radio free europe on a compilation

no cassettes either...
cassettes have an åful sound and that damn hiss in the background
and they don't give me that nostalgic feeling I get when I listen to vinyls.

So does anyone know what the deal is with the new dvd? Are we likely to see it before the end of the year or will it be released around the same time as the new album?

ANDERS! We haven't heard from you for too long, please help us out here ...
It's not healthy for us to wait so long. Right now all kinds of spiritz are dwelling in our unknowing heads that are forming incorrect images that need to get out!

ANDERS! We haven't heard from you for too long, please help us out here ...
It's not healthy for us to wait so long. Right now all kinds of spiritz are dwelling in our unknowing heads that are forming incorrect images that need to get out!

the dvd is something that will be realized AFTER the release of the new album. we still have to shoot another main show, preferably while touring for the new album. sorry this is all ended up taking so much time. gone are the days when we'd a title out every year...

the dvd is something that will be realized AFTER the release of the new album. we still have to shoot another main show, preferably while touring for the new album. sorry this is all ended up taking so much time. gone are the days when we'd a title out every year...
Probably better that way, actually. Since we already got a dvd with the Live consternation album and there hasn't been any new songs to add to another dvd yet.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Well, it's not really a problem if there's a long distance between every new title, as long as we hear from one of you guys every now and then about the progress or something.

I think that's the last thing Katatonia need actually, hehe. Reporting to the fans on how it's going might be more annoying, 'cause you've got all the eyes fixed on the whole process.
Some studio footage in retrospect for the dvd would be great though.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Well, it's not really a problem if there's a long distance between every new title, as long as we hear from one of you guys every now and then about the progress or something.

Yeah exactly.. some bands wait way longer. (Devil Doll anyone?)
I've already started my savings fund to get out of Australia and see some of the shows when the new album is out. :oops: