auckland gig

the opeth affinity said:
since its there 1st time in new zealand and their last gig gor a month or so, anyone think theres a possibility of an extra couple of songs?

yea lets hope so. I wonder if they are staying in NZ for a bit after the Auckland gig, maybe doing the tourist thing for a few days? Check out the mud pools etc..?

end_of_an_era said:
Masters apprentices... the end riff is all that excites me.

I really hope they nail the acoustic segments. And damn how i'd love to hear the improvised version of Closure. And The Amen Corner.

I've recommended to the band the following beers:

Tui
Export Gold
Mac's Gold
......insert your beer here
DOUBLE BROWN!!!

Sexy_Grandpa said:
DOUBLE BROWN!!!

We only want to get them drunk, not kill them!

Anyone know if Lopez will make the trip across the ditch? Axenrot will do admirably i'm sure. But Lopez is just... awesome

So anyway, I drink Tui and piss Double Brown!

Hahaha, to go one step further I recommend VIKING beer! The motto is 'Conquer the taste'. It really is foul. Funnily enough your taste buds become used to it..

end_of_an_era said:
We only want to get them drunk, not kill them!

Anyone know if Lopez will make the trip across the ditch? Axenrot will do admirably i'm sure. But Lopez is just... awesome

So anyway, I drink Tui and piss Double Brown!

Hahaha, to go one step further I recommend VIKING beer! The motto is 'Conquer the taste'. It really is foul. Funnily enough your taste buds become used to it..

viking took up a good part of my high school drinking years, we made alot of beer box suits, and jousts/swords out of the cans 'conquer the taste' = best slogan ever