Harvest Live??

MiDiT

New Metal Member
Jan 2, 2006
How rare do they play it live?? Only seen it on the DVD, but from the setlists I've watched here, it never appeared. I really like this song, and I think it's a must be on their setlist, it's like their "Nothing Else Matters" or "Wind of Change"...
What do you think guys? Any chance seeing it live? At least in their Israel's gig? Also, I like "Masters Apprentices", that doesn't appear to be played live frequently... Of course I like many more of their songs, and all they play live (though never seen them live), but those 2 I'd really like to watch...
Whoaa, the anticipation! One single month left till they're here live!!!

:hotjump:

But dude, out of their entire trajectory there is loads they havent played on the recent tour? not just harvest, which isnt that great considering how many other good opeth tracks they didnt play. They did pull out some of the best ones though.

I absoulutely love harvest on the album, but I think when the strumming part is played on electric(like on Lamentation) it loses a lot of depth. It just didn't seem to have the atmosphere it normally does. Still fucking awsome, just slightly lacking...

i've seen them play master's apprentices and i'm pretty sure i've seen them do harvest too. kinda hard to remember, it was a while ago. i know they definitely played Credence at my first Opeth show... that was pretty awesome

masters apprentices is too basic for my liking. the 1st riff hit me like a ton of pure metal awe when I first heard it. now its tedious and the track is less inspired than the rest of the album tbh

MiDiT said:
How rare do they play it live?? Only seen it on the DVD, but from the setlists I've watched here, it never appeared. I really like this song, and I think it's a must be on their setlist, it's like their "Nothing Else Matters" or "Wind of Change"...
What do you think guys? Any chance seeing it live? At least in their Israel's gig? Also, I like "Masters Apprentices", that doesn't appear to be played live frequently... Of course I like many more of their songs, and all they play live (though never seen them live), but those 2 I'd really like to watch...
Whoaa, the anticipation! One single month left till they're here live!!!

:hotjump:

Who is wind of change by?

Yeah, they've got tons of great tracks, and they can't even play a half of it... BUT for me Harvest is one of their greatest mellow songs, if not the best! And it's fine if they take out anything from damnation (which they always play), and put Harvest instead... Though the perfect solution IMHO would be having 1 track from damnation, and near the end of the show Harvest... And the rest filled with Opethish greatness! :headbang:

P.S. Wind of Change is by Scorpions, for the one who asked.

as far as i know harvest was never played live in the US.

But they played it a couple of times in Europe. ( I have that song live on a bootleg from Italy and England, they must have played harvest in one of their europe tours. )

I also like Harvest, when it's live, cause the whole crowd can sing along!
BTW, where are you getting the bootlegs from?

I would much rather them play something off of Morningrise, I think To Bid You Farewell is a much better slow song than Harvest.