BLEAK live

shivering corpse

Ty Cobbb
Sep 20, 2002
smileville
www.geocities.com
to all you who have seen Opeth play "Bleak" live, how is it as a live song?
As with a lot of fans, it's definitely a Top 5 favorite Opeth song for me.
But there's a lot of layers of guitars and sounds, and i was wondering what it's like live.

i'm seeing them on the upcoming US Tour with Lacuna Coil, I hope they play Bleak, but I've always been curious as to how it sounds live.

Man bleak is amazing live, saw it last saturday, and they had no problems with it at all. Sounds were all good - and they do play it a TOUCH faster but it still sounds amazing.
crowd went wild for that song....

I can't really explain it, but when I saw Bleak live (and it is one of my favorite Opeth songs also) I was amazed. It sounded great, the crowd loved it, and for some reason or another it even sounded heavier, especially near the end, and that was definitely a plus for me.​

I thought it sounded amazing, especially after coming in unannounced after Credence. Especially the vocals, when Mikael growls the 'Leaving..., crying..., dying...' part. It sounds huge!!

In fact all the 'Blackwater Park' tracks sounded amazing live. I guess the nature of their composition leaves them well suited to a live setting.

Yep--Mikael can't compensate for Wilson's range, so he winds up sounding like he's forcing it and failing miserably. Good otherwise, though.