Bleak bootleg question

Dec 3, 2002
Philadelphia
Visit site
Has anyone hear ever seen or own a video bootleg of Bleak? I've seen so many Opeth bootlegs from downloading them and the live streams but they never seem to play Bleak in any of them. Anybody have or know where to get one?l

Ive heard one, it wasn't that great because they played it a little too fast, and Mike's vocals (singing) weren't as good as on the album (WIlson wasn't there to sing). Let me try to find the site.

I have only 1 video bootleg of Bleak live..it was for the first Deliverance date , Montreal - Canada at Fou Founes, 17th of January 2003 ...i got my DVD on ebay , i think it's still available..

yea i got the same one maniac. Its not very good.. its decent i guess. Nothing like the studio version, its much worse in my opinion. maybe its just the place they played at and the quality of the recording equip.

I have two video bootlegs of Opeth playing it. 01/17/03, and 03/14/03. Yes, the latter does exist, but I'm not trading it.

In my opinion, Bleak isn't that great live. Mike has loads of trouble hitting the notes in the vocal solo. I think it's a highly overrated song, anyways.

opethmaniac said:
I have only 1 video bootleg of Bleak live..it was for the first Deliverance date , Montreal - Canada at Fou Founes, 17th of January 2003 ...i got my DVD on ebay , i think it's still available..

That show was AMAZING! What an electric atmosphere! It was like -40 degrees Celcius and even Mikael commented on them not being used to other places being colder than Sweden. The place was packed and after every song Opeth got huge ovations :headbang: . Mikael seemed flabergasted at times and the band visibly delayed the beginning of their songs due to the incessent cheering

One of my most memorable concert experiences. And Bleak sounded WICKED live

I disagree with 2 things...Bleak , for me, is not the less good song of BWP..for me it would be Dirge Of November ..
and then , no i don't think it was a shitty gig..i also have the audio bootleg (from another source than the video one) and when Mikael guitar fucked up on Demon Of The Fall , you can clearly hear the crowd singing..as well as on Credence if i have a good memory..must be pretty pleasant for the band !!

i think its a pretty fucking cool song. the mellow part in the middle is on of my fav mellow parts in any opeth song but yeah the rest of it isnt all that strong in comparison to a lot of other opeth songs. and i have no idea why anyone could think dirge for november is a shitty song. who cares if the riff is sort of repetative, its still sweet, you just have to listen to the music as a whole to appreciate all the little variations. and the mellow parts at the beginning and end are flawless

Well of course you will hate the song if you had once overplayed it. Its not like its special anymore if you hear it a million times. Pardon my comment earlier, but Bleak is among my favorites on that album. Others would be Harvest and BWP.

In the end, any song you like will usually turn out to be "just another song" after you listen to it enuff, and as i can recall fro a thread a while back, Bleak used to be most peoples' favorite off the album.