Steven Wilson singing on Bleak?

Child of Time

Voice of reason
Feb 1, 2002
Gothenburg, Sweden
Visit site
I remember I read an interwiew with a member of Opeth somewhere at this site and he says that Steven Wilson is singing lead on "Bleak". Have I dreamt that I have read this?

If not, someone must tell me exactly when he's singing, 'cause I've listened to that damned song lots of times, but I've never heard there's two singers. (maybe there is'nt, maybe Wilson is singing all the time, but then - why do I not hear ANY difference between the voice at that song and any other at Blackwater Park?)

Probably I'm deaf.

I think it start on "Devious movements in your eyes" but they interchange and sing together a bit. Steve's voice is quite a bit higher and thinner sounding.

I also swear he sings some harmonies in Drapery and Harvest. Like, listen to the Harvest choruses, and the "Waking up to your sound again" part in Drapery.

http://www.porcupinetree.com/

I just noticed that site is actually well updated. Even the playlist thing is up-to-date for this month.

Steven Wilson's playlist for April 2002

System of a Down - Toxicity
Acid Mothers Temple - Absolutely Freak Out
The Necks - Hanging Gardens
Jim O Rourke - Insignificance
Free - Highway
Bola - Fyuti
Boards of Canada - Geogaddi
Jeff Beck - You Had It Coming
The Langley Schools Music Project - Innocence and Despair
XTC - Coat of Many Cupboards
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Neurosis - Through Silver in Blood
Vidna Obmana - Tremor

=O

Steven Wilson and Porcupine Tree are awesome.

Also I just read on the site that their drummer has left the band in february. That's a shame. =\

"Devious movements in your eyes
Moved me from relief
Breath comes out white clouds with your lies
And filters through me

You’re close to the final word
You’re staring right past me in dismay
A liquid seeps from your chest
And drains me away"

Yeah, he plays the little solo in Bleak, and plays the piano on Leper Affinity and Patterns in the Ivy.

-Hondo

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan
Does he play that sweeping spacey high third guitar sound that is speckled through the album?

No, that's just overlayed e-bow stuff, that's all over Still Life too. I think all Steve Wilson did is the thing at 5:20 in Bleak.

-Hondo