Bleak live video

Advent1

Feb 19, 2006
usa
http://youtube.com/watch?v=n4m4Li6UsrE

I dont know about you guys, but I really like Mikael singing the chorus part better than Steve Wilson. I've never seen them play Bleak live so this is the first time I've heard it sung this way.

It just sounds more natural to the song, if that makes sense. The video's not complete, but the quality is pretty good. What do you guys think?

Yeah, definetly biased. Both Steve and Mike's voice have emotion and feeling, who's to judge which vox contain more? You can't compare that, dude. And both SW and Mike sound good singing the Bleak chorus.

I actually like the interplay between the 2 voices on the album-version a lot! it adds something extra, that I'm missing a little bit on the live-version.

Both versions sound great. I personally love the way SW and Mike's voices work with each other - definitely adds another dimension to the song. The chorus in Bleak is one of the 'peth's best vocal passages imo.

ok ok, i consider myself a pretty big opeth fan, but what the hell, steven wilson does the entire chorus?? i had no idea

On the studio version, both Mike AND Steven Wilson sing the chorus.

Exactly where does Wilson sing in Bleak? Have never heard the difference. (You can write the words he sings here, I would be very grateful!)

Regards,
David LIngdell.

Exactly where does Wilson sing in Bleak? Have never heard the difference. (You can write the words he sings here, I would be very grateful!)

Regards,
David LIngdell.

Devious movements in your eyes -Steven
Moved me from relief -Mike and Steven
Breath comes out white clouds with your lies -Steven
And filters through me -Mike and Steven
You're close to the final word -Mike (with Steven talking under)
You're staring right past me in dismay -Mike (with Steven talking under)
A liquid seeps from your chest -Mike (with Steven talking under)
And drains me away -Mike
Mist ripples round your thin white neck -Steven
And draws me a line -Mike and Steven
Cold fingers mark this dying wreck -Steven
This moment is mine -Mike and Steven

that is my conclusion. can anyone confirm?

Devious movements in your eyes -Steven
Moved me from relief -Mike and Steven
Breath comes out white clouds with your lies -Steven
And filters through me -Mike and Steven
You're close to the final word -Mike (with Steven talking under)
You're staring right past me in dismay -Mike (with Steven talking under)
A liquid seeps from your chest -Mike (with Steven talking under)
And drains me away -Mike (with Steven talking under)
Mist ripples round your thin white neck -Steven
And draws me a line -Mike and Steven
Cold fingers mark this dying wreck -Steven
This moment is mine -Mike and Steven

that is my conclusion. can anyone confirm?

I don't think Steven sings on his own at any point.

I don't think Steven sings on his own at any point.

He definitely does. Turn up Bleak as loud as you can and listen to the alternating lines. Steven's voice is pretty easy to recognize. But I'm not sure about the whole "Mike & Steve" on the lower vocal part, I always just thought the second line was Mike alone...but I'll listen to it again later and check it out.