Bleak live video

I don't think Steven sings on his own at any point.

Ouch, get better ears, it was blatantly obvious the first time I heard it that something was up with the vocals on that chorus, the lines steven wilson sings are a lot higher and wussier than any of the others.

It was weird how loud the harmony vocals were in that video, I never noticed any in any other live video/bootleg I've heard of them.

its actually pretty much all Steven in the chorus, with Mike only doing the lower backing vocals afaich

lol, you can easily tell its not mike wtf. theres possibly a few lines, but even those im not sure about. But overall its like 90% wilson doing lead.

Just compare the vocal at the end of the second chorus, it sounds totally different. Either its not Mike or its him trying desperately not to sound like him.

btw in the live vid you can see mike does the lower vocal during the middle section, because thats the vocal he does on the album.

If you watch the video, you'll notice the bit where Per comes in and sings the lower part: (you're close to the final word etc.) Also, in the other parts you can hear the distinct difference between comfortable Mike and uncomfortable mike.

Devious movements in your eyes - Uncomfortable
Moved me from relief -Comfortable

Well, fuck. Aren't there anyone who really knows who sings what on that song. Where are the liner notes... I'm waiting.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

wow!!! lol, so i listen to bleak for the last six years thinking one thing then being made a fool of over what i thought. i just listened to bleak again very very closely and very loud and my jaw dropped when the first clean line was song and it was so so so obviously SW's voice alone. this is actually a really cool thing. i look at this part of the song with new knowledge and it's quite exciting to me. yes i know, very pathetic.:erk:

Bleak is now very special to me, since I broke up with my bf last week, with Bleak playing softly on the background. With growing wonder I've read all of your posts and I agree with Biggsy^. Especially with the Lamentations DVD documentary in mind.

Devious movements in your eyes -Steven
Moved me from relief -Mike and Steven
Breath comes out white clouds with your lies -Steven
And filters through me -Mike and Steven
You're close to the final word -Mike (with Steven talking under)
You're staring right past me in dismay -Mike (with Steven talking under)
A liquid seeps from your chest -Mike (with Steven talking under)
And drains me away -Mike
Mist ripples round your thin white neck -Steven
And draws me a line -Mike and Steven
Cold fingers mark this dying wreck -Steven
This moment is mine -Mike and Steven

that is my conclusion. can anyone confirm?

:headbang: I'm getting the fucking chills as I just read that. Geez, this IS and will always remain to be one of my favourite musical passages of all-time. Clearly, one of Opeth's finest moments...with ease!

And yes, it's not the same without Wilson. I LOVE his contribution to the song, and like others have already stated, the way they play off of each other is what makes it work (also, like in Apocalyptica's Bittersweet song - these kind of vocal arrangements are terrific!)

thanks, Don and In Absentia. I'm fine, thank you - you should be more worried about Whack... it's fucked up coz BWP and Damnation are his and I have to give them back... I will... next year or something:lol:

how many of you find Per a good backup vocalist? I do.

Jesus Christ monkey balls! It is like Seance said. I just listened THE SONG. I'm not sure about together singing parts but. :worship:

thanks, Don and In Absentia. I'm fine, thank you - you should be more worried about Whack... it's fucked up coz BWP and Damnation are his and I have to give them back... I will... next year or something:lol:

how many of you find Per a good backup vocalist? I do.

I find him perfect for the backing vocals, and his contribution on the keyboard too. He was born for be in Opeth!! hehehe:kickass: