Bleak (Live)

Arnold Layne

Jul 3, 2004
Dunedin, New Zealand
I downloaded a live version of Bleak (From the Netherlands) and the only thing that isnt good is the lack of harmony vocals. Whcih brings me to the point................

On the next tour they should play it and Per can do Steves vocal parts.

...which is strange coz i remember Mikael replying , when Blackwater Park was released, to the question "what song is the more representative of the Opeth sound/touch" ..."hmm, Bleak on the newest album"...
which is for me one of the strongest moment on BP btw !!

Shadows Skulk said:
Yeah, I don't think Mikael can do those vocals while playing guitar, but then again, I doubt Bleak will be on any upcoming setlists.
Beleive it or not he can. It sounded awesome when I heard him do them.

He does the vocals almost better than they sound on the record. He has incredible range. Listen to Death Whispered a Lullaby and tell me he couldn't handle those vox. Bleak owns live.

Per wasn't on board yet when they were playing "Bleak"... if I remember right, that one was played on the A Fair Judgement Tour (in support of Deliverance). Per was hired when they kicked off the Damnation Tour, and the only older songs they played on that (as far as I know) are "Face of Melinda", "Benighted", and "To Bid You Farewell".