GMD SONG SURVIVOR: Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

So am I. :erk:

Black Stone Wielder.

A very good song, but the least of an almost perfect album.

RJ, you've gone down a peg in my eyes for voting Demon's Gate off the island.
Its a fantastic song, but my least favorite from a collection of near-perfect songs.

imo the even numbered tracks are all on a slightly higher level than the odd numbered ones. Solitude is obviously excellent but for sheer epic-ness (obviously a lot of the appeal of the album) it's eclipsed by others.

Crystal Ball was just really dull. Reminded me of another even more dull song I can't put my finger on.

But I also really liked From the 13th Sun and their other weird one Dactylis Glomerata Conglomerate metal Amalgate or whatever. So, like, take it with a grain of salt I guess.

Its like nails on a chalkboard to me. Perhaps its the pity party lyrics or that its covered by every doom band.

Either way, ive never liked it

The hyper-dramatic delivery makes up for the lyrics. I've never listened to a cover of it, but I think it would be a much weaker song with anyone other than Langquist singing it.

The hyper-dramatic delivery makes up for the lyrics. I've never listened to a cover of it, but I think it would be a much weaker song with anyone other than Langquist singing it.

Anorexia Nervosa
Desire
Swallow the Sun
Pale Divine
Procession
Blodsrit
Oceans of Slumber

and those were found with a simple google search. I'm sure there are more

to be fair, im only familiar with the pale divine version

I didn't say the covers don't exist, but I would never listen to any of those bands. I assumed it was other doom metal bands covering them, not melodeath weakness.