• Addendum Galactus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vegard Pompey

ALLY TO GOOD, NIGHTMARE TO YOU
Feb 26, 2008
Duwang
In anticipation of their new album in June.

71XtzDXUH-L._SL1200_.jpg

I left out the Spinward Marches interludes from the poll since you're limited to 10 choices, and they aren't really complete songs in their own right.

The poll will close in 5 days.

I thought this would be a more popular song survivor given it won by a landslide in the 2003 poll. But I guess not everyone who voted then is still around. Anyway, I won't keep this going unless a few more people vote.

I went with Baltech's Lament, Curse of Humaniti and Gene-Ocide. The first two are pretty easy choices, but Gene-Ocide hurts a bit to pick because I really like that outro, I always get a kick out of songs that cross-reference other songs on the same album.

Yep went the same. Those three songs, while great, just tend to bore me a bit because The Final Gambit is so fucking good. Also wanted to go wtih Addendum Galactus since it feels weird there at the end, but it's too good to choose.

Addendum Galactus feels like the song that would play over the credits, if Traveller was a movie. In fact the melody/progression of the verses specifically reminds me of some credits theme from an old video game or something but I can't put my finger on it.

On new evaluation, Curse of Humaniti is the only song that isn't at least an 8/10, but it's still plenty good. Asteroid Belts goes because it's a 2.5 minute song and it's half-interlude, though it's still badass. Vargr Moon for a difficult third pick, nearly the longest song yet it doesn't have any 10/10 moments unlike basically all of the other songs.

I was going to insult people for voting Gene-ocide but I'm not sure I could put it in the upper half of the album as much as I love it.