GNR back in Sydney in December

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
GUNS N' ROSES To Perform At Sydney 500 V8 Supercars Street Race - July 13, 2010

According to The Daily Telegraph, GUNS N' ROSES will make its second trip to Australia since 1993 to appear at this year's Sydney 500 V8 Supercars street race.

Frontman Axl Rose last night confirmed the band will perform a one-off gig on Saturday, December 4, at ANZ Stadium, following the weekend's first event around the Olympic Park circuit.

"To mix GUNS with this massive Sydney event will be a blast," Rose said.

"We will be in Europe just before we head to Sydney so it will be great to come out and chill around Australia for a while, spend a bit of time getting around and soaking up the relaxed Aussie vibe.

"When we came back in 2007 it had been about 14 years between tours in Australia and we had a complete ball.

"Bring on Sydney and the V8 Supercars. Hopefully I can get a ride in one of those big beasts while I'm there."

If they were to play another gig in Melb I would be there for sure, their tour in 2007 was awesome.

Yep, I'd go see them in Brisbane again. It'd be great to go and actually know the Chinese Democracy tracks. Last time I was just sort of twiddling my thumbs because they meant nothing to me.

:lol: What a cock muncher.

I won't go into the relevance of their music, but GNR Greatest Hits, which was released in 2004 (11 years after their previous release) has gone 4 times platinum in Australia, while their 2007 tour sold out many dates. I see this as being on par with getting KISS and The Who at the Melb Grand Prix, so don't see any problem with it.

As for the bands current lineup, I don't imagine I would have enjoyed their 07 gig anymore with the original lineup than I did with the current one (although Robin Fink was probably the standout guitarist, who has since left. Bumblefoot was also great though).

There's a great review of their set at the Sweden Rock Festival in this months Classic Rock magazine. It wasn't exactly glowing. :)

4801766160_7dc91fbec1_b.jpg

4801766784_8e438c792f_b_d.jpg