GnR's "Chinese Democracy"

I think the album will still do well because of the fuckers that only know "Welcome to the Jungle" since it is played at every Frat party since its inception.

I think there's two schools of fans. There are the folks that have been dying for it to come out and will be the first in line at Best Buy (or the web, whatever) and then there are the rest of us who gave up hope a long time ago and could quite frankly not give a rat's ass anymore. I fall into school #2.

This will not come even close to "Appetite" or "Use Your Illusion I and II". From what I've heard of the leaked tracks over the months, I'm not wildly impressed. Like Megadeth, this needs to be renamed "The Axl Rose Experience". If you don't have Izzy in GNR you don't have shit anyway.

All that said, it would not surpise me if this shot up the Billboard top 10...if not the #1 spot, in the first week.

Who wants my free Dr. Pepper? :lol:

I'm in it for the Dr. Pepper! Couldn't care less about the album - I heard the title track on Sirius this morning and it sounded just like any other contemporary radio-rock song.

The album will probably go platinum though.

I think there's two schools of fans. There are the folks that have been dying for it to come out and will be the first in line at Best Buy (or the web, whatever) and then there are the rest of us who gave up hope a long time ago and could quite frankly not give a rat's ass anymore. I fall into school #2.

This will not come even close to "Appetite" or "Use Your Illusion I and II". From what I've heard of the leaked tracks over the months, I'm not wildly impressed. Like Megadeth, this needs to be renamed "The Axl Rose Experience". If you don't have Izzy in GNR you don't have shit anyway.

All that said, it would not surpise me if this shot up the Billboard top 10...if not the #1 spot, in the first week.

I'll be first in line..lol...I'm not a GNR fanboy but I'm interested to see what the deal is. I really like the tunes I've heard from it so far, especially the title track.

I'll be first in line..lol...I'm not a GNR fanboy but I'm interested to see what the deal is. I really like the tunes I've heard from it so far, especially the title track.

I'm actually surprised to read that! For me, I just can't. What I've heard doesn't compare to the initial efforts. I'd be interested though to hear/read your full review on the album. :)

Well said.
I, too, fall into Category #2.
I used to be a huge GnR fan, when they were GnR.....this is not GnR anymore.
I refuse to give Axl any money. And when I heard the leaked tunes, I couldn't help but think, "It really took him over a decade to make that???"
I was expecting a lot more.
If it sells to all the sheeple, then good for them.

And I'll gladly take your free Dr Pepper!
:)

Given the hype & excitement for the album that's been generated in the last decade I think it'll top WAY over that number. I'd be surprised to see anything that's not in the millions.

Wow...really? And I just meant the US, not the world. I'm sure it'll probably do well across the globe, but IMO, for it to do as well as you guys think would mean ppl acknowledging thru purchasing it that GnR is just Axel.

I think the fact that Slash (especially) wasn't a part of it & that the leaked songs so far are quite subpar (compared to their previous albums), IMO, it'll translate to less than ideal figures.

But then again, there are TONS of ppl trapped in the 80s/90s who long for their old favs to come back...even if only by name. :rolleyes:

But then again, there are TONS of ppl trapped in the 80s/90s who long for their old favs to come back...even if only by name. :rolleyes:

exactamundo! there are TONS of people that haven't bought an album
in years, just b/c of how f'd up the industry is and the fact that there
is "nothing to listen to" b/c of it....mainstream, of course. they'll flock
just because they know the name......850+K first week US sales!