God Forbid anyone?

neal said:
saw em open for cof and nile a few years ago. the music was alright but the singer fucking sucks. i cant stand that yelling metalcore vocal style. give me screams or give me death!

I can't imagine vocals bothering me that much. Thinking about it, they aren't that great, but I don't think they're bad enough to detract from the music. In 95% of metal bands, the vocals don't add much, but they dont make it any worse (i.e. generic growls, black screams, etc.).

Wolftribe said:
please dont compare God Forbid to death metal

I'm not argueing with a person that looks like this:
dscn01588eo.jpg

Perhaps, but the local scene here is all hardcore and metalcore bands, and every metalhead I know listens to hard/metalcore as well as other forms of metal; I've developed an appreciation for breakdowns. I like God Forbid because most of their riffs are closer to melodic death than most metalcore, and they're breakdowns are superior.

god forbid is okay....to their credit, they put on a very energetic live show....

and whos this douche bag yapping about arch enemy? they got tired after wages of sin, amott needs to bale and reunite carcass...

DeFy said:
talking about overrated.. nevermore are exttreeeeeeeeeeeamly overrated.

the singing sucks they have killer solos but the singing has got to go.

check out the forsaken, they fucking kill.

It sounds like you haven't heard The Politics of Ectsacy or Dreaming Neon Black. Nevermore is a great band.

However, I do have to agree with you about The Forsaken, they do fucking kill. [Traces of the Past[/i] is now one of my all time favorite albums, right up there with Human. I highly suggest anyone reading this to ignore this guy's assinine comments about Nevermore and check out The Forsaken if you haven't already. You can find some legal mp3's at centurymedia.com and theforsaken.net (although I can't recommend the Septic Breed demo mp3's they've got...). At the very least, get A Time to Die from theforsaken.net.

the forsaken are badass, yeah. arts of desolation and traces of the past are great but my fave is manifest of hate. that was the first one i heard and fell in love with :kickass:

ct_thrash said:
the forsaken are badass, yeah. arts of desolation and traces of the past are great but my fave is manifest of hate. that was the first one i heard and fell in love with :kickass:

Really? I can't really get into Manifest of Hate the way I did the other two. I like it, but it just doesn't seem to have the brutality of the others.