God Was Created Banned In Germany

Jan 8, 2002
vehemence.brutaldeath.net
Metalblade just forwarded this shit to us...

Dear Americans,

SPV have also refused to take VEHEMENCE in distribution for Germany, again because of the extreme artwork (inside of inlay card).
This means that we are going to release both, CATTLE DECAPITATION and VEHEMENCE, on July 29th and sell them directly to our customers like stores, mailorders, etc.

Best regards,
Martin

:bah:
spv.gif

Yea..this happens a lot in germany, the first 3 cannibal corpse albums are banned as well (i think?)..but since i just moved here from germany, this isnt gonna have a big effect on you guys it will probably make you more popular...lotta my friends in germany already have your album

That is very good to hear, I just hope the normal Metal Shops there carry it. I am working on some self promotion for countries that need the most help with promoting our GWC album by using translation software, and translation fonts to create flyers in different langauges.

How could they do this? All you're trying to do is tell the wholesome story of a girl who is raped by her father and masturbates to a picture of Jesus, and the guy who falls in love with her, and eventually kills her father, then fucks her and kills her.

I should never had read those lyrics. But seriously, its fucking stupid that it got banned.

Originally posted by TrueBeliever
All you're trying to do is tell the wholesome story of a girl who is raped by her father and masturbates to a picture of Jesus, and the guy who falls in love with her, and eventually kills her father, then fucks her and kills her.

:lol: nicely put. that about sums it up

I know how it is. Our release of Tvangeste - Damnation of Regiomontum was banned because of the sun wheel on the cover too closely resembles a swastika. That's bullshit and the band in no way even supports nazism, and have publicaly stated that and exactly what the symbol means. Doesn't matter to Germany though.

tdor.jpg