GODforbid the metal band from century media

R

rebvirth

BLOW every metal band away inteh 21st century...

Check em out, you will be surprised

rebvirth said:
BLOW every metal band away inteh 21st century...

Check em out, you will be surprised

seen them open for GWAR , they were ok but i dont know about blowing away every metal band

rargh why does everybody suck off lamb of god? Yes they're good but I fail to hear what it is in their music that apparently makes them head and shoulders above any other band playin their kinda metalcore, thrash, death style

PiNkMaGGiT said:
I'd put God Forbid's new album over anything I've heard from Lamb of God. Granted, I haven't heard all of their new album but I didn't think Black Label was as good as everybody hyped it...

i like lamb of god about as much as godforbid...and good call..i thought the blessed hellride sucked.

I reckon God Forbid are the most "metal" out of all the "metalcore" bands around atm... the music on their newie is modern thrash with an old-school flavour and a distinct heaviness about it and in some songs they border on melodeath. Plus they have Jeff Loomis guest on one song and the keyboard dude from Symphony X on another, most metalcore bands get somebody sterotypically "metal" like fucken Kerry King to wank his wammy bar off to one of their songs or something in the guise of a "solo".

While I'm on my high horse, what the fuck is up with Slayer anyways? Granted, I guess they are pioneers of some sort but their music licks nuts. Like if you listened to their shit without knowing it was Slayer and that because it was Slayer it had to be good, then you'd think it was shit. Well that's me anyways. My opinion is shit. Don't listen to me.

Slayer is somewhat overrated and WAY misrated. Everyone fellates Reign In Blood...that album is so fucking monotonous. Apart from the first and last tracks, it's most badly done br00thal thrash. Hell Awaits and South of Heaven slow down enough to make sense, and the former has some of the most crazily constructed thrash riffs ever. Fucking awesome.

Of course, they became totally worthless after 1993.

Listen to the grandpa, of metal me....
i tell you 84 for slayer, show no mercy then they died..and followed too many trends

God Forbid ---correct they are not mallcore or whatever but yes, they are swedish mixed with american black metal like living colour listen agian...THRYE ARE VERY GOOD, I HAVE HAD SECOND INPUTS IN THEM, AND THEY ARE MASTER METAL GUYS THEY HAD A LISTEN AND SAY IT BLOWS VOMIT