Gods Of War - Manowar

Blue_Jay

New Metal Member
Aug 23, 2006
Texas, United States
www.myspace.com
Wow this album just sucks doesn't it. I was a huge fan of every Manowar album up to this one, I even liked Warriors Of The World but this one is just plain horrible other than per say a few tracks. I was wondering if I'm the only one that really hates this album it almost makes me :puke:

I haven't got it yet, been meaning to. But if it really sucks, I won't bother. Guess I will read some more reviews and make up my mind.

I was interested in hearing this album after Manowar said it was "the birth of a new kind of metal". Now, since Blue Jay has said he doesn't like it, i'm really interested in hearing it.

Yes, I feel sexually inadequate whenever I think of Manowar. Fuck, where can I get me some bearskins?

And I have very limited power metal tastes. Getting into death and black metal ruined it for me. Now I can't listen to anything softer than late-era Death without getting bored (excluding doom).

First i thought the album was mediocre, then i liked it more and more with every single listening session, then i LOVED it, now i think it's a pretty good album, with bad sound. The songs are there, the feeling is almost (totally there sometimes) there, but the sound doesn't help the songs to be really epic. You can't have epic metal with an ultra clean/digital/plastic sound, like "Gods Of War" has, there must be some dirt and depth in the sound for the feeling to be totally revealed. But i like it a lot, i like all Manowar albums, and i like that too.
Those who say that Manowar are gay or play shitfully, don't know anything. And they'll probably change their mind sooner or later, as history has shown so far with other infidels.