Godsend 'A Wayfarer's Tears'

CF87

Dec 15, 2003
Can someone describe this album for me ?

Also how is maceration 'a sernade of agony'.

It,s a doomy, early sabbath type of album. (The last two (or was it three?) tracks were recorded some years earlier and not with the handsome lineup pictured in the inner sleeve).
It has some fine tracks on it, especially the opening track...

The Greys said:
Can someone describe this album for me ?

Well, to be completely honest, it isn't very good. It is completely stale and lifeless. Dan's vocals sound entirely forced, unfortunately.. BUT the production is nearly flawless.

It's a nice piece to have for nastalgia's sake, but its not really high on anyone's list of "Favorite Swano Projects".

mattcira said:
Well, to be completely honest, it isn't very good. It is completely stale and lifeless. Dan's vocals sound entirely forced, unfortunately.. BUT the production is nearly flawless.

It's a nice piece to have for nastalgia's sake, but its not really high on anyone's list of "Favorite Swano Projects".

it is on mine...though somewheraround the bottom of it
this is what doom should sound like

It's a difficult album to describe, and I can't tell if you've heard the other Godsend CD featuring Dan: "As the Shadows Fall" I feel that this one is the better CD and is great from start to finish - I love it! So you should start there and if you like that one, you'll also like "A Wayfarers Tears." Both discs feature great vocal harmony and melody, as well as a very dark/doomy vibe. I'm pretty sure Dan wrote very little if any of the music for either disc. He once said he did vocals on the discs to "Make Gunder's dream come true..."

Maron said:
It,s a doomy, early sabbath type of album. (The last two (or was it three?) tracks were recorded some years earlier and not with the handsome lineup pictured in the inner sleeve).
It has some fine tracks on it, especially the opening track...

was it you who played on it along with Dan & the others?

I love this album, have had it for a year or two! I especially love the five tracks entitled "A Wayfarer's Tears"

Demilich said:
was it you who played on it along with Dan & the others?

I love this album, have had it for a year or two! I especially love the five tracks entitled "A Wayfarer's Tears"

Yes, i played bass on that one...

Dan rarely says he is completely happy and pleased with his performance on other projects, but he has always spoken highly of his work with Godsend, particularly A Wayfarer's Tears.

It's an amazing album. Old-school doom with great riffs and some of the finest vocals you'll hear from Dan. He screams, he whispers, he howers, he gurgles... he does it all. And it's the only project you'll ever hear him sing in a fully doom metal capacity.

One of my favourite albums with Dan singing. Strongly recommended.