Going to Fortarock on Saturday

Hawk

Henri Serton
Staff member
Aug 31, 2001
Eindhoven; Rockcity!
Together with my best friend Marlies I'll be going to the Fortarock festival.

The linup is not really old school apart from Kreator and Suicidal Tendencies but I like 90% of the bands that will play.

The thing I like about this festival that there are not a million bands playing on an thousand stages and you have to make a time schedule to see what you want to see while missing some band anyway. Like for instance Graspop.

There are two stages and only ons stage will be used at a time. Here's the linup: The * means I want to see them.

Textures

Ex Deo

Hail Of Bullets

Decapitated *

Watain *

Baroness *

Behemoth *

Ensiferum

Fear Factory *

Kreator *

Killswitch Engage

Suicidal Tendencies *

Bullet For My Valentine (time to go home)

Time schedule here: http://www.fortarock.nl/page/pag_view.asp?pag_id=24080

Yep! They will, but so will Behemoth. I have been wanting to see them for at least two years. I really like them. And Kreator will kick ass as well. They are great live.

Together with my best friend Marlies I'll be going to the Fortarock festival.

Suicidal Tendencies *

I was never big on S/T on disc, but I saw them live in their prime and the punk and funk they mix in with metal worked out well live. I don't know how good they are at this point in their career, but they were an excellent live band back in the day.

Bryant

Actually I do like ST old albums, never have listened to them live.

Enjoy a lot Henri!

Suicidal was thrown onto some bill in the Bay Area at the last minute last year...I think it was Lamb of God. Anyway, they killllled. They've got this big (really big/fat) funky black drummer now, and just a cool kinda eclectic looking band all the way around. Mike Muir looks/sounds/moves great for an older guy. I thought they were amazing. First time I'd seen them, and I'd not hesitate to see them again. Hail of Bullets should be cool, that record rules. The other obvious stuff will be great too, of course.
The last time I saw Kreator was with D.R.I., believe it or not....years ago. I got my Pleasure to Kill album signed by waiting out back. This was either 88 or 89.