Going to see Forbidden on Friday

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
Well, it seems ages ago since I've done some concerts. Even didn't go to Graspop, huge festival only a few miles away :-/
My mind is set on my oldtimer car projects again these days. Every day should have 48 hours at the moment !!!

Friday though I'm going to see Forbidden AND meet Hawk again!! Haven't met him for a long time either :oops:

I'll see if I can give some details about the show next weekend. I'm insanely bad on remembering setlists though, haha :p

Enjoy them!! I saw them at Graspop last saturday and for me they did one of best 3 shows of the festival. A gig based on classics. :headbang:

Didn´t you go to Graspop? Man, you live in boring Belgium (just kidding :lol:), I live in Spain. You have to go to Graspop. Just wondered at festival if you were there. Even during Black Tide (I read you like them) not many people were at that stage and I took a look around searching for mighty Carnut. Obviously I didn´t find you.

Forbidden is in my top 5 list of bands I worship that I would like to see live, that I have not yet seen.

What is all this talk about Forbidden? I know they are a damn good band. BUT;

THE band to see that evening is non less than the mighty

NOVEMBERS DOOM!​

YEA!! I am a HUGE fan here is why:

The beautiful ballad 'Autumn Reflection'

'The Pale Haunt Departure' from the same album.

When I was lurking at their forum here at UM The singer Paul posted a message that he wanted more shows in the Netherlands. So I contacted Geert who is doing the booking at the Dynamo club and now ND will be playing!! Can't fucking wait to see them
live again!! Damn! I am so excited. :lol:

Btw I bought their live DVD and it great! No ADHDVD but a very good registration of the show they played at Biebob.

And Gert it will be great seeing you again. If you don't meet me before the show; During the concert I will be standing right in front of the PA system on the left were the backstage door is. Of course I'll be wearing top notch wax earplug! Other wise I would be going home like this: :zombie: Ha ha!

Anyway looking forward to see and talk to you again. Pim will also be there!

Everyone else check out Novembers Doom. They are great!

Last edited by a moderator:
i like forbidden. not familar with anything they did after the 2nd album though. do they play anything from their 3rd and 4th album live?

Have a great time with Forbidden, I envy you

O yes, I'm looking forward to this weekend, seeing Forbidden twice!! First Friday and then the day after, on Waldrock (togheter with Biohazard, Death Angel among others) So it will be a heavy weekend :D

Nice! Post a setlist please :D I was thinking of visiting the TMT Metal Fest in Southern Tier NY to see them headline(or direct support under Flotsam I forget) but they just cancelled recently :(

have a great time! Marvina and I went to see Boston and Styx the other nite, free tickets so it was an even better show! I don't think I've ever seen either band but those remaining members and new members put on quite a nice show!

@ Carnut and Hawk

I need an address for you guys, got some swag goodies I've been collecting for about 3 years now to send you guys. Hugs, Kristy

I love Novembers Doom as well. Welcome the Fade is a great album. I got Pale Haunt Departure when it first came out. At first, I liked it, but not as much as Welcome the Fade. But it has grown on me the last few years to the point of almost liking it as much as TWTF.

Forbidden set list at Graspop (not in order):

March into fire
Forbidden Evil
Off the edge
Through the eyes of glass
Twisted into form
Feel no pain
Follow me
Chalice of blood

Maybe I forgot one.

About NOVEMBERS DOOM. They are excellent. I got all their albums. My favourite is "To welcome the fade". I saw their first two dates in Europe ever, at Plato (Helmond) and Biebob (Vooselaar) during their mini european tour with Agalloch, Saturnus and Thurisaz. Honestly, I travel from Spain specially for AGALLOCH (one of my favourite bands) but Novembers Doom played a hell of a show both days. Great band. Saw them last saturday at Graspop too.

follow me thats my fav tune! im surprised they didnt play any tunes from their other 2 albums, i heard they're really bad but surprising

Well, last night was great! Novembers Doom crushed! And Forbidden was damn great as well. The liked the fact that both bands were so different and still good a very good reception.

The only downside to it all was that I only got to talk with carnut for a few minutes. :( I searched for you after Forbidden Gert but I suppose you were gone.

The good news is that initially I could not go to the biebob show of ND because I had no tranportation but I got offered a ride! So tonight there's more metal for me! :headbang:

Hehe, I looked around after forbidden (was with Pim for a while, but didn't see you, thought you were hanging out with the Novembers Doom guys).

Forbidden obsolute slayed. What an atmosphere !! Oldschool (friendly) moshpit, stage divers and loads of headbangers in front !! In a few days I'll post links to some vids a friend shot, you'll see what I mean :)

As for Novembers Doom... Well, tastes differ I guess; The music is a bit more complex than the avarage BM/DM band, but certainly vocal wise it's just the same thing for me. As a band stands or falls with the type of vocals for me, I watched a few songs,but than went outside, heard some songs from there but it's definatly not my thing. Judging the amount of people that left at Novembers Doom I guess it was not really a very good combined bill, the public is just too different for both bands...

Oh yeah, opener was a Dutch band called "Fuel Blooded". Strange kinda name but a good thrash band, although they became a bit boring towards the end of the gig, for Thrash fans it is a band certainly worth searching for !!

Well, I'm very glad I got to see Forbidden . Last years I've seen lot's of great oldschool Thrash bands again (Sacred Reich, Heathen, Testament etc..), and live they absolutely rule !!

As for Novembers Doom... Well, tastes differ I guess; The music is a bit more complex than the avarage BM/DM band, but certainly vocal wise it's just the same thing for me. As a band stands or falls with the type of vocals for me, I watched a few songs,but than went outside, heard some songs from there but it's definatly not my thing.

Well I was waiting to you say it first, I can't stand Novembers Doom vocals either :D

I wish I had saw Forbidden, glad you made it. How was 'Chalice Of Blood' live?

NP: Wildfire - 'Lovelight'

Forbidden set list at Graspop (not in order):

March into fire
Forbidden Evil
Off the edge
Through the eyes of glass
Twisted into form
Feel no pain
Follow me
Chalice of blood

Maybe I forgot one.

About NOVEMBERS DOOM. They are excellent. I got all their albums. My favourite is "To welcome the fade". I saw their first two dates in Europe ever, at Plato (Helmond) and Biebob (Vooselaar) during their mini european tour with Agalloch, Saturnus and Thurisaz. Honestly, I travel from Spain specially for AGALLOCH (one of my favourite bands) but Novembers Doom played a hell of a show both days. Great band. Saw them last saturday at Graspop too.

Saturnus!! Holy shit! I absolutely love their Martyr album. Very melancholy doom, with a tiny Anathema, and Katatonia influence.