Going to see Iron Maiden & Trivium Tonight!

zeppelin

pǝƃuɐq ǝq ɹo ƃuɐq
Jun 8, 2004
Johannesburg - South Africa
... Along with Lauren Harris, haven't heard her music yet, I'm more there to see her daddy if you know what I mean:p
They're playing at Earl's court so we're just about ready to go, I'll fill you guys in once we're back, I don't know what their policy is on cameras but I'll try to get one in.
Up the Irons:headbang:

Hope you have a great time there Zeppie !!!
I'm desperatly trying to find someone to fill in for me at work, so we can go and visit a concert next week. But put that Christmas dinner on you list next wednesday !! Looking forward to meeting you !

The one tour I regret not seeing this year. For my part, I love A Matter of Life and Death. To hear it all live would be great. Have fun!

Hope you enjoy the show (even if thet play AMOLAD instead of the good songs) after all is Iron Maiden!...ah and skip Trivium :heh:

am hoping to be there tomorrow at earls court for the second night.
i know trivium arnt everyones cup of tea on this forum,but i like em-i mean,i love testament and xentrix,and trivium stole half thier riffs from them,so the musics good at least.......

It was everything I hoped it would be!!
We got there early, got great stands, didn't drink too much, just great for lack of a better word.

Lauren Harris: She's a honey:hotjump: , but unfortunately it's as far as it goes imo.

Trivium: They have real good stage act, thier sound was great. I can't say I'm a bigger fan now that I've seen them, but they were a great opening act.
What I didn't really like about them was the fact that they encouraged bigger and heavier moshpits, It was great, I moshed along but it was hard on the girls and the youngsters and the crowd was still at it when Maiden came onto stage.

Maiden: What can I say? They're fuckin great in every aspect!! The main power supply cable to all their sound equipment melted halfway through the show so Bruce took a loudspeaker and entertained us. We got to sing Happy Birthday to Dave Murry and chanted some songs while they kicked footballs into the crowd.
They played the whole of the "Matter of Life and Death" in sequence, after that they played Fear of the Dark, Iron Maiden, 2 Minutes to Midnight, The Evil that Men do and Hollowed be Thy Name.
The whole stage was in the form of a giant tank and Eddie appeared twice throughout the show.
They didn't allow any cameras but I managed to take some pics with my phone, they're not too great so bare with me here..

IMAGE_00017.jpg
IMAGE_00018.jpg

IMAGE_00020.jpg
IMAGE_00025.jpg

IMAGE_00026.jpg
IMAGE_00094.jpg

IMAGE_00107.jpg
IMAGE_00131.jpg

IMAGE_00183.jpg
IMAGE_00244.jpg

IMAGE_00249.jpg
IMAGE_00266.jpg

IMAGE_00324.jpg
S4010264.jpg

:OMG: I LUUUUUUUUV THAT SHIRT!!!!! Damn america.... we never get any special tshirts! :lol: I knew you'd have a great time! Thanks for sharing those pictures, Love the ads they have posted great stuff!

Really good pictures, thanks :)

I have to agree with Kitty.... LOVEE THAT SHIRT!!! :D

I went to the Earl's Court gig on the 23rd

I agree Laureen Harris is hot but not really very good, the bassist was funny though looked like he was straight out of spinal tap

Trivium were pretty good, got the crowd going and me headbanging along. I disliked the encouragement of the moshpits too I had one next to me and this is my first proper gig (I'm only 15 and don't come from a "rock" background) so it was... interesting but I could have done without having to watch my back every 2 seconds. I didn't like Trivium at all before however but I think they've improved since the album I bought and was very dissapointed with (ascendency) I hated the vocals on it but thought the vocalist sounded a lot more like James Hetfield and a lot less emo live. So I'm contemplating wether to get their new album, but only after I buy the 200 albums on my to get list I suppose cos I still don't think they're amazing.

They did run all over the stage though that was fun.

The gap between maiden and trivium kinda killed the atmosphere a bit, Trivium got the crowd worked up and then there was a 1/2 hour gap so they wern't really a warm up act, more like just another band to add to the concert. I didn't think that 2 warm up acts worked that well either, my back was already starting to hurt by the time Maiden got on stage cos I'd been standing up for over an hour and not seen what I came to see.

Maiden blew me away. My favorite band at my first ever proper gig (I been to some indoor festivals before and a concert for video games music but that was it). I haven't actually been able to buy myself a copy of a matter of life and death though, I have heard all the songs before hand but still it was a little annoying I suppose not to know the songs so well when I've been listening to every other Maiden song most of my life, just not those ones. Even so, I'm not knocking Maiden at all when I'm saying that, that was my own stupid fault. That album was so amazingly good, and I'm not just saying that 'cos they're Maiden, it just was near perfection, and to see and hear it live, even when I don't know the songs all that well, was amazing. understatement of the year there.

I liked the encores and their old songs, my favorite was Hallowed be thy name cos thats my fav maiden track i spose (and I can play it on guitar :D). Maiden exceeded my expectations despite the fact that I've been told all my life they're the most amazing live act around and always have been, and always put 100% into their concerts.

I hear they're playing download this year but I think I'm gonna have exams, so I hope I can get tickets to the next indoor gig in London.

This post is far too long but I'm just an enthusiastic kid my first gig and all

I went to the Earl's Court gig on the 23rd

No post is too long when in comes to describing an amazing live show! So now you've been bitten by the live Maiden gig, I'm sure you'll be going again and again and again!! Welcome to the board Fluffy!

I timed it perfectly whenI saw Maiden - I arrived there just as Trivium were finishing up their last song:lol: and what little I heard of that song was enough for me - THEY SOUNDED APPALLING.

Was there not some sort of power cut at the Earls Court concert as well.

I didn't enjoy the Glasgow concert at all and I was quite shocked to hear Dickinson telling the crowd at the front to stop pushing cos there were younger fans at the front of the barrier and they might get hurt and if they didn't stop pushing, Maiden weren't going to play any more songs. WTF is that all about, this is a rock concert we were at, not a friggin Boyzone night out.

You should check out the mighty Saxon in London in the spring Fluffy, if you thought that Maiden werre brilliant, wait till you see Saxon in action - THEY WILL BLOW YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF NEXT YEAR WITH THEIR LIVE PERFORMANCE.

Fluffy said:

No way dude!! :headbang: thats exactly how we like it here. Welcome to UMOS! I hope you will stay around. Grab a seat and enjoy this loony bin! :lol: