Going to see Iron Maiden & Trivium Tonight!

Hey, thanks for the pics! The Eddie/tank wasn't working when I saw them in Philly, so at least I have an idea what it was supposed to look like.

Steve in Philly

Nice! Great job Zeppie, congrats on a mission well accomplished :)

well.

I didn't enjoy the Glasgow concert at all and I was quite shocked to hear Dickinson telling the crowd at the front to stop pushing cos there were younger fans at the front of the barrier and they might get hurt and if they didn't stop pushing, Maiden weren't going to play any more songs. WTF is that all about, this is a rock concert we were at, not a friggin Boyzone night out.

I'm glad Maiden did this. No one needs fans trampled underfoot while a show is going on. We all know this has happened way to often. IMO there's nothing wrong with a band dictating to the crowd the saftey factors.

:OMG: I LUUUUUUUUV THAT SHIRT!!!!! Damn america.... we never get any special tshirts! :lol: I knew you'd have a great time! Thanks for sharing those pictures, Love the ads they have posted great stuff!

I know of one from the Beast On The Road tour in 82, it said "Chicago Metal Mutants" on the back. I SO wanted to get my hands on one, but they were LONG gone before I even got to the merch stand......

J-Dubya - Looks like no NAMM this year...... : (

hehe i feel welcomed into long live gig posts XD

I'm afraid to say that I reallllly didn't like the only Saxon song I've ever heard; wheels of steel. The repetativeness did my head in, there was no way that song should have been 6 minutes long

hehe i feel welcomed into long live gig posts XD

I'm afraid to say that I reallllly didn't like the only Saxon song I've ever heard; wheels of steel. The repetativeness did my head in, there was no way that song should have been 6 minutes long

You are right, that song is quite repetitive imho.
But there are lots of other very good Saxon songs.

Give their latest studio release 'Lionheart' a try. Its a damn good album.

You are right, that song is quite repetitive imho.
But there are lots of other very good Saxon songs.

Give their latest studio release 'Lionheart' a try. Its a damn good album.

I guess is a metter of time frame. I accept the song has a very repetitive chorus but since it was among the earliest material I listen from the band I love it.

Now for much better stuff from the band look upon songs like:

early period

'Motorcycle Man'
'747 (strangers in the night)'
'20000 ft'
'Dallas 1 PM'
'Princess Of The Night'
'And The Bands Played On'
'Fire In The Sky'
'Power And The Glory'
'The Eagle Has Landed'

mid period

'Crusader'
'Sailing To America'
Rock'N'Roll Gypsy
'Broken Heroes'
'Rock The Nations'
Party 'Til You Puke
'Ride Like The Wind'
'Red Alert'

newer period

'Solid Ball Of Rock'
'Altar Of The Gods'
'Forever Free'
'Nighthunter'
'Dogs Of War'
'Big Twin Rolling (coming home)'
'Unleash The Beast'
'All Hell Breaking Loose'
'Conquistador'
'All Guns Blazing'
'Kiiling Ground'
'Dragons Lair'
'To Live By The Sword'
'Flying On The Edge'

Yes Wheels of Steel is quite repetitive and dare I say it, almost boring, but when its played live ITS MINDBLOWING!!!!! Surely thats not the only Saxon song you've heard, you must have heard 747, that was in the charts plus it used to get played on virgin radio of all places. Asda are doing a Saxon Greatest Hits for about £6, probably in the sales now you'd get it for about £4, buy it and enjoy rockin out to the mighty sound of the mighty Saxon. All thier songs are terrific but those songs played live are just about FIFTY THOUSAND TIMES BETTER.

Im not sure how the conversation went from Maiden to Saxon but while I grant Wheels of Steel is repetitive, it is also the beauty of it. WoS is a hard rocking song (one I love when im driving or drinking), you just cant get enough of that riff and I imagine thats how they felt when they wrote it. After multiple listens you definitely need to be in the mood to appreciate it but thats also the beauty of a CD player as opposed to vinyl, easier to skip the track:cool:

Im not sure how the conversation went from Maiden to Saxon

Erm.........that was probably all my fault:saint: Can't really remember why I went sooooooo far off topic, think I recommended to Fluffy to check out Saxon concert in the spring cos they are mindblowing live. Dont think he or she is gonny go though.

And talking about Maiden, its been bugging me for a while now but that song Different World, the chorus to me sounds ultra like the chorus of a Greenday song but I can't quite place it - does any one know the song I mean. Or will I just shut up:lol:

Erm.........that was probably all my fault:saint: Can't really remember why I went sooooooo far off topic, think I recommended to Fluffy to check out Saxon concert in the spring cos they are mindblowing live. Dont think he or she is gonny go though.

And talking about Maiden, its been bugging me for a while now but that song Different World, the chorus to me sounds ultra like the chorus of a Greenday song but I can't quite place it - does any one know the song I mean. Or will I just shut up:lol:

Just shut up:devil:

sorry sorry haven't been around don't sue this forum that much there's so many replies i can't keep up usually

okok ermmm Saxon. Yeah I got that song wheels of steel of a compilation album and hated it after a while.

I shall buy an album when I get some money (I'm a kid I don't get money u kno? I'm selling my old guitar soon though [possibly] so I'll have some then) and see it on sale in a second hand CD shop or something (I only buy albums for 5 quid or under now, go hunting around those kind of record stores).

Can't make the link between maiden and greenday im afraid, don't really listen to greenday bought the American Idiot album (I was discovering music at that time), I think the songs have depth and are okay to listen to sometimes but don't particularly like them. So anyway to the point no idea mate I wouldn't have dreamed of Maiden ripping off Greenday though :p

erm yeah that's that I guess. O btw I'm a guy :| thoguh I forgive you, my name got changed on an anime forum to fluffy and i used it since for some reason :S