Going to watch Megadeth!

Crimson Death

El Basilisco
Jan 24, 2002
Israel
YNetNews.com is reporting that MEGADETH will play in Israel for the first time, marking the third top international performer to announce concert dates in Israel since Prime Minister Sharon and Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas declared an end to four years of violence.

MEGADETH will take part in Israel's annual "Metalist Festival" on June 22 at the Hangar 11 club in Tel Aviv, event managers confirmed.

The festival will also feature performances from 12 other heavy metal bands from Israel and around the world. Tickets are expected to go on sale May 5.

Ofcourse the political issue has to be shoved down the throat by Blabbermouth :p

It wasn't announced yet. The Megadeth confirmation came from Orphaned Land's vocalist during their Haifa show, so I guess there's a strong chance they'll play too. Local bands confirmed so far are Eternal Gray and Betzefer (nu metal/groove metal) that recently signed to Roadrunner and I see them playing in festivals with Slayer and other bands.

www.eternalgray.com
www.betzefer.com

I heard rumors about Dissection, which is just rumors I guess, but would rock a million asses of all sizes, shapes and colors.

But evidently, not Dissection:

Reactivated Swedish death metallers DISSECTION have officially cancelled their previously announced appearance at the Metalist Festival in Israel. A statement on the matter from DISSECTION mainman Jon Nödtveidt reads as follows:

"I unfortunately have to inform you about the fact that DISSECTION have been cancelled from the Metalist Festival in Israel (a gig which was 100 percent confirmed), obviously as a result of Mr. Dave Mustaine of MEGADETH (who are headlining the festival) not wanting to play with Satanic bands (according to himself because of his new-found Christian beliefs)! I'm also informed that we are supposed to share the bill with MEGADETH at Fury Fest (France) later in June so I therefore want to say, on the behalf of both DISSECTION and myself; Mustaine, you dare to put yourself in our way but you don't dare to meet us? You want to have DISSECTION cancelled because you do not dare to face true opponents in faith?! You think this will stop us?! We are Satanists, yes, truly enemies of yours! For we are the antithesis to cowards like you! If you are a man of true belief, meet us in France at Fury Fest and stand up for it! Or will you have us cancelled this time too?"

What's this "new-found" crap everyone talks about? I remember reading about Dave being a christian over 10 years ago. And then what's this crap about a bunch of people freaking out about it? Would Dissection share a stage with a christian band? Probably not.

So Mustaine is drawing the distinction between 'satanic' bands and 'anti-christian' bands? I mean, he has no problem with touring with Exodus.

Has Mustaine released a statement yet? I wouldn't be surprised if he's more concerned about promoting a convicted murderer than someone who doesn't believe in Jesus, but hey, nobody ever said Mustaine wasn't a Buttstain. :loco:

Well, it appears Dissection was willing to play the gig. So....

Dave just needs to go away. Seriously.

jesussaves2.gif

So Dissection have no problem going in as a support act for a self-confessed Christian of 10 years?

Obviously Dave is more of a Christian than Dissection are "satanists".

Yes but doing gay things like this is easier than to kill every christian on Earth or wtf they would like to do :)