GOJIRA To Record EP For Whales...

ArneZ

No rules in metal
Nov 19, 2006
"French extreme/progressive metallers GOJIRA are writing material for an EP they'll record this summer, the proceeds from which will benefit Sea Shepherd, an anti-whaling organization.

"We'll record and produce five songs that [we] will sell on our web site without going through traditional ways," guitarist/vocalist Joe Duplantier says in a new video interview (see below). "The benefits of sales will be donated to Sea Shepherd. There will be guests from the international metal scene [on the record]."

GOJIRA is currently supporting METALLICA on a short European tour. Also on the bill is FEAR FACTORY.

"Terra Incognita", the debut album from GOJIRA, was re-released as a limited-edition digipack with three bonus tracks on August 24, 2009 in Europe (October 15, 2009 in North America).

Universal Music Publishing has released a 135-page tablature book for GOJIRA's latest album, "The Way Of All Flesh", which can be ordered from the band's webshop."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6-0gyiCgU8&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6-0gyiCgU8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Looking forward to this, buy it to support a good cause and a great fucking band.:worship:

I never use the word hipster occasionally, but I guess it was the only term that immediately came to mind when I thought of the few people that will, because of this, end up praising Gojira endlessly as a band for reasons completely unrelated to their music.

Fuck Sea Shepherd. They're the PETA of anti-whaling and half their supporters are Americans or Brits, who played a far bigger role in destroying whale populations than the Japanese, Norwegians or Icelanders ever have.

Edit: But Gojira are cool and I'm looking forward to downloading the album for free.

Gojira are awesome, saw an incredibly intense gig at the Underworld in London last year.

Even though most of us cynical metal fans will find this rather gay, any new Gojira material is a good thing in my opinion.