Gold Badge Raffle Stuff

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
Yep, it's time again for me to hunt down contributors for this year's gold badge raffle. In my quest to make each year's raffle bigger and better than the last, I'm looking to expand the list of vendors/labels/bands/etc. that I send e-mail to about this; last year my mailing list ran the gamut from smallish genre-specific vendors, all the way to large worldwide publications such as Rolling Stone, but there's always room for more!

So if you have any suggestions as to companies/bands/etc. who you think might wish to contribute prizes to the raffle in return for a decent bit of promotional exposure, or you and/or your company would like to participate, please send a contact name and e-mail address to me at jax[at]progpowerusa[dot]com so I can add you/them to my mailing list. I'll be sending out the mail Monday morning, so the quicker the response, the better.

Regarding donations, they usually consist of cds, dvds, posters, shirts, and other similar goodies. I'm going to be making sure that no vendors will be handing out the same promo cds that they donate to the raffle this year; that was definitely not cool last year, but it was something I wasn't aware was going to happen until it was too late to do anything about it. Rest assured that the same fiasco won't occur this year.

Also, I'm working on a more efficient way to make sure that every single GB holder gets their raffle ticket so we won't have anyone missing out on getting theirs like we had last year. I think I have a good process figured out, so that won't be an issue this year either.

I want to thank everyone for their patience with the raffle as a whole; it's definitely been a learning process since I took it over 4 years ago, and there've been some growing pains, but each year gets a little easier as I learn what works well and what doesn't work so well. Your understanding and enthusiasm have been invaluable, so thanks to all of the GB holders for that.

I think that's it from me for now..more later as the 8th edition of PPUSA draws closer!

Much thanks!
Jax, PPUSA Gold Badge Raffle Chick :)