2006 Gold Badge Raffle

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
I'd like to start off by saying thank you to our 2006 raffle contributors: Beyond Ear Candy, Century Media, Glenn Harveston (extra thanks to you for the huge pile of shirts!), Lance King/Nightmare Records, Nuclear Blast Records, Odin's Court, Tammy Z/Rock The Madhouse Promotions, and Glenn F/Symphony X/King's X/etc...much thanks to all of you for making the raffle possible this year!

Next, I'd like to apologize for a couple of things; I've mentioned this in a couple of different threads here, but I wanted to lay it out in its own thread, for those who may not have seen it elsewhere.

First off, my apologies to those who didn't get raffle tickets this year; the badge pickup times changed from what had previously been announced, & there wasn't any way of letting everyone know en masse. I have a plan for how to avoid this problem next year, so it won't happen again.

Also, my apologies to those whose prizes were comprised of mostly samplers..or only samplers. I had no idea that a couple of the contributors had sent me samplers that they were also going to hand out for free, & I didn't catch on until it was too late; by that time there was nothing to be done about it. I'd rather give out 5 'real' cds than 100 samplers that people have likely already grabbed for free, so I'll be requesting that the contributors not donate the same samplers that they plan to distribute at their tables..it's hardly a prize that way. Thanks to all of you for not giving me grief about it, though; I had no control over it, & wasn't pleased when I figured it out, but again there was nothing I could do at that point.

That said, we did have some awesome (and some very unique) prizes this year, & I think more people walked away happy than unhappy, so I'm going to call this year's raffle a moderate success & strive to do even better next year. See ya'll then!

Jax :)

Jax said:
Also, my apologies to those whose prizes were comprised of mostly samplers..or only samplers...it's hardly a prize that way. Thanks to all of you for not giving me grief about it, though; I had no control over it, & wasn't pleased when I figured it out, but again there was nothing I could do at that point.

Well explained. I was kinda confused about a prize consisting of sampler CDs, and I griped about it a bit with Anakin and a few others. It really didn't matter much, as I see the raffle as just a nice little bonus. Of course, some of the prizes are more than "little" I know. Was nice to win something, as others have said.
lmjh

Hell next year I hope to be able to partake in the gold badge festivities - raffles, etc.

Being my 1st PP ~ you guys are really going to have one hell of a time out doing this year because honestly, it was simply freakin' outstanding...

Nothing's ever perfect, bumps are going to arise but I have yet to hear a complaint about PP itself... Thumbs up to all to pull this thing off every year

Hey Rich, thanks again for the help..I'd have been even farther behind Saturday afternoon without your assistance!